Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Quick covertec clip substitute

Default Quick covertec clip substitute

I discovered just now that Rugged Equipment cell phone cases like the one below has a clip that seems to work fairly well with the covertec discs. while it may seem like they dont fit, the security tab that locks the case to the clip will lock where the hole for the disc screw goes.

I've not tested it running around and doing all the acrobatics Jedi do.. mainly because I am unable to do those things anymore due to my disability, but it seemed to pass the tug test pretty well.

I got my case at walmart and looking online, they seem to run at around $15.00

No idea if thats helpful to anyone, but just wanted to get that info out in case no one had tried it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

"It seemed to pass the tug test pretty well."

Hasn't anyone warned you about tugging on your lightsaber? They say you might go blind.

btw, Is the metal clip on the right part of the case, or is that yours, and where did you get it?
    Yoda always said there would be days like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthHideous View Post
    "It seemed to pass the tug test pretty well."

Hasn't anyone warned you about tugging on your lightsaber? They say you might go blind.:lol
    I've heard that only applies if your saber is over 6 inches. :P
    And yes, the clip comes with it and I bought it at Walmart. basically you put the cell phone in the protector and the protector has a big disc on the back that slides into the belt clip. Like a covertec.

hey thats pretty interesting, nice observation
    So let it be written, So let it be done.

Interesting, nice find. I'll have to see if there's any of them up here in Canada.

Plastic or what, size? how well does it fit on a saber? This would be nice.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

I hope these pictures help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Okay, it's just covertech rip-off brand (probably better quality).
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

pretty much. and yes, it seems pretty solid. I'll see just how well it does this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Fox View Post
    pretty much. and yes, it seems pretty solid. I'll see just how well it does this weekend.
    What's going on this weekend? I'll be at Dragon Con this weekend in Atlanta.
    Yoda always said there would be days like this.