Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Blade Questions

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by james3

Balance point is about 2 1/2 inches past the emitter tip as opposed to an inch an a half...<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">You mean that the balance point is actually on the blade itself? Or do you mean that it's farther down the hilt?

Centerpoint is pretty much always in the blade. I try to get it right close to the emitter tip as I can but you don't want to get to heavy in the hilt as you will still have speed issues. There was a topic somewhere on here and someone posted a real nice explanation on the balance thing.
    I know it seems weird at first but a good centerpoint is on the blade[8D]

<center></center>

Okay...
    So would you say it's better to go with 34" or 36"?

I am thinking the 36 incher. Good rule to go by: Start at your longest length because you can always cut it down from there.
    Height is a factor as well to a certain extent. I try to keep a complete saber between the center of my chest and above the gut if you set the pommel on the floor in front of you. That is my crude version of two thirds your length rule.

<center></center>

Well whaddaya know... Using the 2/3 rule, and factoring in the approximate length of the hilt up to the bottom of the blade, it came out to 36.666666666666666667.

Funny how that works idnit?[8D][]

<center></center>

I like 36" blades... 2" in the hilt, and 34" out. Looks and feels the best, imo.

I have had the same feeling on that but the 34" blade I have been playing with is nice too. I am thinking about getting a 35" and give that a try.

The 36" is probally the perfect "standard" size.

<center></center>

yeah, 36 inch is the usually accepted lenght most go for. in the case of my great saber build tho, im using a 48 inch with 2 inch in the holder. so the blades 46 inches seen. its a long saber and blade.

The Brotherhood Of The Sith

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

lol... Thats not a saber, its a spear... []