Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Blade Questions

Default Blade Questions

Hello. I was wondering, how heavey are the blades?

Also do the blades bend when you hit them againsted somthing?

It's really hard to fight with heavey blades, it's even more hard to roto scope a sceen when the blades are bending everywhere!

Thanks

Hi,

I have both the thick blades from here and the stock MR blades. I must say the blades from here are very thick, incredibly strong and look virtually indestructable. However, they are quite heavy and the quick weilding that is possible with the thin walled blades is quite difficult with the thick walled - and I'm no small fellow; ex-boxer and 200lb bodybuilder.

They do not bend when they are hit, but because they do not absorb shock the shock is absorbed in the hilt - which makes for excellent sensitivity for the shock sensor, particularly in an MR conversion - and your hand cops it.

The thin blades feel like you are pretty much swinging nothing - its fast, light and has a very nice feel - but the downside is that they can bend and crack, whereas the thick walled ones wont do that in a hurry.

So to answer you question. The blades are heavy, quite a bit more than the stock MR ones, and I do find it hard to fight with them. The blades, wheather thick or thin wont really wobble if they are 1", that is more a problem with 3/4" EL blades.

Less talk, more action........

agreed the el blades wobble and are heavy the LED wont bend at all

<center>
    "Many claim to have found serenity, and through serenity to have overcome anger. Such arrogance is astounding."</center>

I just posted to an identical question in the EL section.

I reckon weight is a relative thing, I don't really notice my EL blade being any heavier then my LED blade. I do agree that the thin walled blades like what comes on the MR-FX stock are lighter but I have not noticed a problem with swinging any of them around or dualing.

I will ask my brothers on this since I am the biggest guy in the bunch. Maybe they have noticed more then I have.

<center></center>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by PowermanX4

Hello. I was wondering, how heavey are the blades?

Also do the blades bend when you hit them againsted somthing?

It's really hard to fight with heavey blades, it's even more hard to roto scope a sceen when the blades are bending everywhere!

Thanks
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

you posted the same question in 2 different threads.

The Brotherhood Of The Sith

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yeah, that called double posting... it's not appreciated. If it can apply to both you post it in a general forum like the General Q&A.

The weight difference is not significant. The larger blade for LED lines it up with the EL blade rather closely.

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

I have noticed that the LED blades are heavier than the EL blades. This is of course assuming the heavier walled 40 inch blades. One of my students suggested an added weight in the pommel of the modular hilt to balance it better.

They are better than the thinner walled LED blades. They tend to get damaged eventually from someone not pulling thier hits.

Zhi-don Aquintas
    XO RL Sunrider Base
    Treasurer/Head Instructor
    Lightsaber training OCSWS

Yeah, sorry about the double post, but right now I'm using the stick from a golf club. It's extreamly light and it doesn't bent what-so-ever. But it's a lot easyer to Roto=scope a lighted blade....

Thanks

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by PowermanX4

I'm using the stick from a golf club. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Been there, done that! lol

I found that Tim's blade is heavier than the Master Replica blade but not by much. But the MR feels better when struck because it does bend and Tim's doesn't. But that is MR's downfall too.

As far as in comparison to the Golf Club, it is much heavier. Especially against my $150 Carbon-Fiber 3-Wood that only lasted 1/2 a season...[!]

Have you read your Thread Index today?
    FAQ
    Official Designated TCSS Jester!

Go with LED blades, Mmmm 1" goodness, and + its thickness i think is 1/8, same with EL but its too thin,

I DONT KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!....LOUD NOISES!!!
    www.starwarscustoms.bravehost.com