Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: darth bane: dynasty of evil

Default darth bane: dynasty of evil

the third darth bane book is set to come out this december and to me it looks like it could either be better, or worse, than the second book. i hope it is a vast improvement because I thought the second book wasnt written very well, it had many gaps and had dead ends in the plot... oh well I still enjoyed it very much.

Here is the description for dynasty of evil: "darth bane is beginning to suffer the effects of drawing heavily on the dark side of the force for so many years. At the same time, he is beginning to doubt his apprentice, zannah, because she hasnt yet tried to kill him and take his power. Is she weak? unworthy of being her apprentice? When he learns of an ancient sith artifact that might hold the secret of immortal life, he heads out in search of it alone. But zannah is anything but weak, and now that she has glimpsed his worries, she knows that the time is ripe to take him on. The forces of evil will clash in spectacular battle, with the future of the sith hanging in the balance."

anyways, who else at the custom saber shop is eagerly anticipating this release? or does anyone despise these books altogether? any predictions about the book? reply with whatever is on your mind
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by theJUDGE; 08-29-2009 at 11:06 PM.
    So let it be written, So let it be done.

I really enjoyed the first two books, I am definitely eagerly awaiting the third. I try not to worry about the outcome, I usually take the novels with a grain of salt. I just read, enjoy and move on. The first two Bane books are among my favorite Star Wars novels though. I like anything from the old republic time period, there isn't much of it though. Hopefully the game will bring more novels to the surface. I haven't been to the comic store yet, I need to catch up on the graphic novels also.
    "Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can."

okay that does it folks I guess i'll start reading them now...
    ...YUP!

I'm usually just a SW movie fan, I don't read many of the books.
    But I have read these and can't wait until the 3rd comes out!
    Darth Flatulous

the first 2 were great (to me) just because they were the first novels to have a truly unique story line(compared to the other novels). I know Bane was in the comics, so it isn't entirely new, but I have a hard time buying comics because of the commitment and money that goes into them. I am very eager to read this one. Thanks for the heads up, I almost forgot about it.

Not a fan of the Bane books really, due to so many canon inconsistencies, but i'll probably still give it a go.
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

I've been waiting for this book since I heard about it's Dec release date earlier this year. I thoroughly enjoyed the first two. I'd dare to say that the Bane books are my favorites yet.

I absolutly worshiped the first book. it felt to me that for the first time an author finally "got" the sith and what it was like to be sith. i didnt like how the jedi were written. they didnt "feel" like jedi or act the way jedi did before the book or after in the universe. even so, i thought this was the best written Star Wars book ever.

the second book i thought was good. loved the Bane and Zannah parts, but totally despised the Jedi parts. again the jedi didnt act or feel like jedi to me even more then the first book.

this next book im deffinetly looking forward too. if they focus entirely on the sith this book, it might even be better then the first. i repeat.. "might"

I am anxiously awaiting the book's release. On a side note, its fun to know that (the author) Drew Karpyshyn is a lead writer for Bioware. and Bioware just happens to be making the new TOR video game (with lucas arts). As we find out official info about the game, I am reminded of chapters (lets say on Tython for instance) of the book. very cool.

just picked up the first two in hard back at half price...hehe labor day sales yummy!
    ...YUP!