Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: my latest WIP...qui like

Excellent design, and that crystal chamber/overlay/symbol is just too cool for words.
    Please tell me you'll have a blue or green LED in that chamber.
    "You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Well I finally decided on a way to do the crystal chamber. I had several designs but just couldn't make up my mind on how I wanted to mount everything.

I was digging through some of my old work stuff and found a couple of twin-ax end repair kits and when I saw them I knew they would work great. The holes in the center are the perfect size to mount a 5mm LED with a regular LED mount.

I ground grooves in them and the pommel pieces I am using for a mount so the JBWeld would have something to bite into. I think it will hold just fine. The mounts are the same thing but one is turned with the nub poking out and one in.

it might not look it but its a very stable design. The two smaller posts are held together with screws but the larger ones for the wire pass through is epoxied together so it will have strength but also have the ends open to run the wires through.

anyway here are some poor pics for now and a very poor video with horrible lighting (I really need a better camera...one day I guess).

mash here for the video.

Edit 9-28
    couple more pics.

Last edited by Zook; 09-28-2009 at 06:36 PM.

WOW! That is a very sharp peice of hardware!
    Prepare for major PWNage.

If you need any help with anything, whatsoever, click here. This should help you.

Definition of n00b- Here.

I normally not a fan of that style saber but wow for sure. That is sooo slick. Very curious to know how you ever came up with such a powder coating idea for brass. The logo on it looks tight too....