Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: emitter confusion...

Congrats on 21 years. I think I may put the green LED on ebay and see how it goes. We havn't takin' that one out to dual yet. I was also planning on putting my saber staff on Ebay when it is done, right now I am trying to decide if I should fire both LED's off of one spst switch when they both have their seperate battery packs.

<center></center>

For your staff it would be cooler to have two switches to light the blades one at a time. The sabers I have sold on Ebay have done ok and I have made a few dollars on each one, some more than others. There really isn't much money to be made with MR sabers, there are two many of them, but custom sabers do well.

Do-Clo
    Brotherhood of the Sith

Don't make me destroy you...

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Do-Clo

I have been married for 21 years and I have learned how to keep the wife happy, take out the trash and put the toliet seat down. Or if you must sell a saber on Ebay.[]

Do-Clo
    Brotherhood of the Sith

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

married 26 years

The Brotherhood Of The Sith

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

I have played with a few paint ideas but nothing I really like. I am thinking of just letting it go like this and finnish it up.

Congrats Lan, that is awsome.

<center></center>

Yea Lan I knew you had me by a few years, even though we are the same age. I just waited longer to get married, you know that probably makes us the oldest guys on this forum. James the saber looks good, I am waiting for the new emitters before I build my first mhs saber, besides I have several projects yet to do first.[]

Do-Clo
    Brotherhood of the Sith

james3, very nice hilt. what's the total length?

Tip to tail 23 and 13/32".

I started off with the idea that Ray Park gave the prop makers when they made his staff. He wanted it so his hands would be about the width of him, so I kinda did the same thing and then started putting pieces together untill I got the length I wanted. Every time I worked up a paint idea for it I would cover it in wrap and do a quick spray to see if I liked it, nothing really got me so I think I am going to put the electronics in and start her up.

<center></center>

cool go fer it dude.

The Brotherhood Of The Sith

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

Married for 13 years. 4th marriage. If you really want to keep your wife happy if you are doing sabers, ask her advice. "Honey, what do you think of this emitter? Do you think I should add more O rings? How does that balance feel? Get her involved. That doesn't mean you have to USE her advice, but always ASK for it anyway. Flowers work too, but presents are better!

I mostly grumble under my breath ["I'm too old for this S**T!]

I keep saying that and then I go up against these 20 year old kids in my saber class. I tell them "Take it easy on the old man" and then I whip thier butts. I guess I do alright for a 54 year old.

Zhi-don Aquintas
    XO RL Sunrider Base
    Treasurer/Head Instructor
    Lightsaber training OCSWS

Well it is nice to now that I am not the oldest guy here, only 47. It is good to let the wife think she is part of the process, it makes things quieter around the house. []

Do-Clo
    Sith Lord
    Brotherhood of the Sith
    Give yourself to the Dark Side!!!