Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: emitter confusion...

Default emitter confusion...

I just received my emitter, and other saber parts. I was all set to get started when I noticed that I'd make a typical doofus mistake and forgotten to order the sink tube adapter for the MHS. I have a couple questions on this.

1. is it absolutely neccessary to have the adapter for the sink tube (1.5 inch)? or can I just drill set screws past the threaded part on the emitter? I had the emitter machined to fit inside the sink tube.

2. in the sink tube, with the MHS emitter, provided I didn't need the adapter, do I still need to attach the heatsink to the bottom of the emitter as shown in the LED hilt tutorial? in the MHS the threads inside seem to hold the heatsink in place, but the sink tube is obviously smooth, so I figured I'd have to do something to keep it from sliding around in there.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

The MHS to sink tube adapter is mainly to hold the led holder/heatsink to the bottom of the emitter.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

crap...I guess I should get on ordering one of those then.
    []

*sighs* the girl is NOT going to be happy with me lol.

Don't worry after a while they just give up.

<center></center>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by james3

Don't worry after a while they just give up.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

How much longer do I have?

Have you read your Thread Index today?
    FAQ
    Official Designated TCSS Jester!

After about 4 or 5 orders. You will get a couple "Another box? how much crap are you getting?" Eventually she will just shake her head and ignore it.[]

Or of course you can do like I did and get her new livingroom furniture, flooring, and paint[]

<center></center>

well at least now there's light on the horizon. she's going to eat her words though, because she doesn't realize I'm building the saber for HER lol. she's always been a huge fan of Asajj Ventress and that's what I'm making it. I've just been hiding my procedures so well she thinks I'm building yet another one for myself or one of my friends.[]

The trick to keeping the wife happy is to occasionally order a box with something for her in it then she doesn't mind the boxes you get and I can tell you it is cheaper than new paint and floors.[]

Do-Clo
    Brotherhood of the Sith

Don't make me destroy you...

Yea, I have done the flowers at work thing a few times.
    I think what would really make her happy is if I built a saber that went on Ebay or sold locally. She has been concerned with the amount of sabers I have made and I have done them out of pocket.

<center></center>

I have been married for 21 years and I have learned how to keep the wife happy, take out the trash and put the toliet seat down. Or if you must sell a saber on Ebay.[]

Do-Clo
    Brotherhood of the Sith

Don't make me destroy you...