Thread: 5 or 10 degree lens?

Default 5 or 10 degree lens?

Okay, I'm getting ready to order my lightsaber parts, but before I fire off the order, I have one question- which looks better with a seoul P4 LED? A 5 or 10 degree lens?

Before someone flames you, theres a help thread, but to save you the trouble this once,
    5 degree, unless you have a really short blade. At around 36", which is pretty common, just go for the 5 degree lens.

BTW, this counts for pretty much any LED.

mTm

Official Owner of Skottsaber at Bowling

My favorite blade is a 36" UltraEdge on a P4 blue with a 10 degree lens... the light really fills up the blade nicely and it's super bright... 5 degree lenses always seem to drop the light in the top half of the blade when I use them....

KI-ADI-MUNDI on FX-SABERS.com

I ended up getting the 10 degree- I've got 5's on my two old TCSS sabers, so if I don't like it, I can always swap it with the others I've got.

Great idea, most of the time a five degree works the best, but it is personel choice and go with what ya like.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

ive seen that often people like to use 10 degree lenses if they are going to use thin walled blades, and 5 degree with thick walled blades. if you get the 5 degree lens with the lens holder from tcss be aware that you will have to do some slight fitting. hope this helps
    So let it be written, So let it be done.

For the record... I've never noted a truly SIGNIFICANT difference when using 5 vs. 10 deg optics.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar View Post
    For the record... I've never noted a truly SIGNIFICANT difference when using 5 vs. 10 deg optics.
    Me neither. If you're going to use the optics and holders Tim sells, save yourself the trouble of getting the 5 deg to fit in the holder, and just get the 10.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.