Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Any Manga Fans?

Default Any Manga Fans?

I'm half way thru Death Note right now and am loving it! I'm looking for something to read next and would like something that deals with the samurai. Please note that I'm not a fan of Afro Samurai style stuff. I like things more in line with the feudal era. I'm leaning toward Blade of the Immortal or Lone wolf & Cub. Anyone read any of those? Any other suggestions?
    "You've failed, Your Highness. I am a JEDI, like my father before me..."

-Luke Skywalker, ROTJ

Quote Originally Posted by samurai_rob View Post
    I'm half way thru Death Note right now and am loving it! I'm looking for something to read next and would like something that deals with the samurai. Please note that I'm not a fan of Afro Samurai style stuff. I like things more in line with the feudal era. I'm leaning toward Blade of the Immortal or Lone wolf & Cub. Anyone read any of those? Any other suggestions?
    Rurouni Kenshin is great, plus it's done, so you can get the whole thing at once and not have to wait for the next volume.

Thanks!  I'll check it out! Any others to look for?

-Luke Skywalker, ROTJ

you might like Usagi Yojimbo.. or Samurai Champloo. If Ninja scroll and Ninja Ressurection were made into manga, then I'd definitely recommend them.
    Personally I'm more into Mecha and Ranma 1/2 is especially close to my heart for personal reasons. If you can figure out why I'll give you a shiny gold star.

I know I spend way too much time reading manga at work. I read Bleach every week and really enjoy Change 123. One of my favorites is definitly Deadman Wonderland.

Other good ones include: Full Metal Alchemist (way better than the anime), Claymore, Black Lagoon, Fairy Tail, Elfen Lied, 20th Century Boys, Bakuman (a new series done by the guys who brought you Death Note). I would mention Death Note but that should be a given. Unfortunately, none of those really have to do with samurai but they are all really good none the less. I should also mention Highschool of the Dead, there are only a few chapters for that one out there but it is an entertaining read. Berserk may be worth checking out as it is pretty good and samurai related.

The manga I am currently reading now is Bloody Monday and it is bloody good.

Most of my reading is done at www.onemanga.com. Great site for slow work days.
    Last edited by grimzaar; 08-27-2009 at 05:47 AM.

Yeah, I love death note. It's what got me reading manga again. I've seen the ads for Claymore and they look cool. What is it about?

-Luke Skywalker, ROTJ

I will give you the basic summary, but it gets a little deeper than this. It's pretty bloody and violent too.

In a medieval world, villages are being attacked by the youma, demons that can take the appearance of their victim. The only people who can stop them are the Claymore, a group of young women named for the swords they use. They are half-human, half-demons who, mostly unwillingly, became Claymore.

Berserk may be worth checking out as it is pretty good and samurai related.
    I made a mistake. Basilisk is what I meant, not Berserk ... my bad

Quote Originally Posted by grimzaar View Post
    I made a mistake. Basilisk is what I meant, not Berserk ... my bad
    yeah but berserk kicks ass too.

One piece is my fav
    We shouldn't worry about being able to achieve our dreams, as long as we have the desire to do it!