Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: blade construction?

Default blade construction?

hey all, love the site, gonna buy a led hilt kit and try my hand at this whole thing for the first time.

how exactly does one go about making a blade for a led saber?

also, what is a good length for the blade, and what degree colliminator lense should i go with?

sory for the stupid questions haha [] but thatnks much in advance!

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

I will have the diffuser for the blades soon and will post how to build them. So far there doesnt really seem to be a noticeable difference between 5 or 10 degree.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

rock on!

oh, and i noticed that the green luxion III star leds are only 64 lumens. is that bright enough?

hey tim, how soon will you be able to get that tutorial on making the led blades up? i am having a problem using that weld-on 3 and getting the tip to stay on. its not gluing up right, or im not doing it right or something.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I the case of something as small as a saber tip you use a brush. You hold them together and use a brush to apply it. Disclaimer: Use a natural haired brush colored ones will bleed the color into the plastic. There is no need to brush it. Just put it next to the seam and the weld-on will flow by capillary action into the seam. If done right it bonds within seconds. As usual though full strength comes later.

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

use very little weldon alot of it will cause over run and it takes a tad longer to cure and becoem hard

<center>
    "Many claim to have found serenity, and through serenity to have overcome anger. Such arrogance is astounding."</center>

Just barely dip the end of the blade into the glue. Keep holding the end with the qlue on it down and push the tip onto it. Wait a few seconds and then flip the blade so the tip is up and make sure it is centered correctly. This takes awhile to master but it works great for me.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

hehe strydur you double posted i think thats the first for the forums i use the toothpick i mixed the epoxy with to apply the glue

<center>
    "Many claim to have found serenity, and through serenity to have overcome anger. Such arrogance is astounding."</center>

Nice thing is I can fix mine...lol

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

forgive me if this is a stupid question, but PolyC means polycarbonite right? So these LED blades can take a beating? The reason I am asking is I plan on buying a few MHS kits for my martial arts demo team and the blades will be roughed up a bit. I have several lightech sabers that are polycarbonite blades, just wanted to make sure its the same thing. Thanks