Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Joe Jedi and Red Lux III Setup Questions

Council Member
    Jedi Master

The information is everywhere here. It's not that we're not "forthcoming" with the info. It's pretty basic knoweledge and is obtained by reading the threads that EVERYONE recommends new people read. Its also in the store here: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/wi...er/wiring.aspx

We don't "wait" and hope that we get the chance to prey on the unfortunate souls who spread bad info. We just want people to be aware that when they ARE ignorant of a certain subject, that they refrain from spreading that ignorance to other new people.

There are members here, who have spent COUNTLESS hours preparing threads and tutorials to educate new members to this forum and to the hobby. They are at your disposal, like everyone elses. There are members who have never posted who build sabers and post them as their first post. That's becuase they read first, post later. I myself read this forum for over a year before joining and posting. I made sure that I had at least a basic understanding of the electronics and how it all goes together before offering help/info/aid to others. It wasn't until I had build a couple of sabers, that I felt comfortable doing that at all.

I'm here to help you, not attack you. I was forthcoming and offered you the right information. I merely asked that you learn more before teaching.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Invisas1979 View Post
    I had the impression that the minumum voltage on a Lux 3 was 4.8v and I got that from this. Obviously not.
    The information for the forward voltages of all the LEDs carried in the Store is in the LED Resistor Chart on the Store front page. Have you never looked at it?
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by FenderBender View Post
    I'm here to help you, not attack you. I was forthcoming and offered you the right information. I merely asked that you learn more before teaching.
    Fair Point and it's a point taken.

I was merely saying originally that you could run a lux 3 on less that 4.5. I was aware I was less even than that but didn't know how much lower it was.

I didn't say you were attacking me, forcoming isn't really an agressive term.

And trust me I've read a lot, not enough perhaps but a lot none the less.

Yes J-Lo i'd read it when it was written up a few months back, just forgot where to find it. Easy to do with so much info to take it.
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"

Now back to the point of the thread.

Even though the 616 board is not even as good as a more usual MR board I'd be quite interested to know how to wire a illuminated switch to a 616 board, if at all possible.

Most threads show wiring diagrams which don't actually give a visual or verbal explanation of wiring in a new switch to the back of the boards.

Now for a non electrician this is not the easiest of things to figure out.
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"