Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 53'' maul style lightsabers popping up?

this item has 20 5mm leds on each blade, blade and hilt all plastic.I think the whole hilt could probably fit inside a 1.5 sink tube. But its pretty decent for somebody on a REALLY small buget like me. The sound killed it... it has the sounds of a f*ckin ninja sword... the blade is kinda bright so i'm just gutting the sound!

Outside light Blade off:

Outside light Blade on:

Blade on(hilts attached) in an unlit room:

click on picture for more details... i'll post pictures of the electronics soon.
    Last edited by P137R0; 09-21-2009 at 02:02 PM.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Do the LED ladders rattle around loosely inside the blades like the cheapo kiddie sabers I'm familiar with?
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

The hilts look cool, but the blades look HUGE!
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

These look very similar to the ones they sell in newsagents & party shops over here. VERY CHEAPLY MADE.

I know we all have varying budgets on here, but if they're anywhere near as bad as the ones my nieces Hello kitty saber put to shame last Bonfire night, then:

1) Whilst they are bright, the LEDs rattle, and break easily, maybe 15% of the ones at the fireworks display had patchy blades

2) The sounds are a generic sound set they use in several other toys

3) The hilt is held together by two screws, and is hardly top quality plastic

4) The blades are capable of bending as they are a quite soft plastic

IMHO, I wouldn't even have spent as much as the postage on this.
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

I like the look of the hilts- if they were metal I would be tempted to get a hold of them, gut them, and put a TCSS electronics kit in there instead. But cheapo plastic? No way.

The blade is 18" so it's about half of the size of the blade u guys are used to.

The hilt consists of two peices put together by 4 screws.

There is a tube that hold the LEDs inside the plastic blade so it doesn't rattle up as much as you'd think it would...

one thing i also tried was putting both LED strps in the same blade and the results were quite good.

I haven't seen a Luxeon LED blade in person to compare so I don't know, maybe what I find good u might find terrible, keep that in mind.

I don't know if I'll just change the sound or the sound and length of the blade.

By the way... does anyone want to donate two hasbro sound boards?
    xD

I wouldent of wasted real money on them, I would of saved it to get mhs parts.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics