Thread: TCSS Wiring Builder Feedback Thread

Default TCSS Wiring Builder Feedback Thread

I'm making this thread for any and all *polite* feedback for the store's new wiring builder.
    I hate to be a stick in the mud, but there are a few things I would like to suggest regarding that area of the store. I'm structuring this more like a public thread in case anyone else has anything to say about it.

The new wiring builder program seems to be giving out different resistor values than the old resistor chart used to. I'm reconstructing a direct drive saber that was my first saber. The new wiring builder is telling me to use a small resistor (1Ohm 2W) for the Lux V run off of 7.2v. I only have one 1Ohm 2W resistor and it's one I purchased only recently, so it's not the resistor I originally used.
    The new wiring builder seems to have different information than the old chart did, so I would recommend replacing the old chart somewhere on the site or forums, as a reference point to people who have used it before.

Also, the wiring builder would benefit if you could have a manual battery voltage input on the resistor chart. People using two 3.7V trustfires either have to use the current 7.2v or 9v values to account for the overcharge of the li-ions. (7.4v-8v)

Thank you.
    "You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing."
    -Benjamin Franklin

I think it's a great aid to new builders and those who may have built before but need a visual guide to ref back to for new sabers on the bench. Well done guys. A+ Given the 'minor issues it might have', all in all, a good plan thus far.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Here is the old chart.. the luxv has not been changed
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/resistor.aspx
    The only thing that has changed is the addition of new led's so there is no reason to leave up the old chart that I can see.

Li-ions are listed as 3.6 or 3.7 depending on the site you go to it seems. Either way the resistor would be the same for a luxV. You would not want to calculate the resistor based off the overcharge voltage level.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

If there ends up being a 'real' problem.. let me know..

but as for resistor values.. it all looks to be the same as the chart.. (as Strydur pointed out).. but also..keep in mind something could be a typo as thisis still new..however I believe all values to be correct.