Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Jay-gon's Chrome Saber "X"

Default Jay-gon's Chrome Saber "X"

Chrome saber "X"? ??? What does the Force does that mean?!?!

Well, "X" as in "experimental", actually! I needed to have an MHS based saber for testing/prototyping, so I ordered a few parts and built this:

The soundboard is a simple MR Anakin ROTS, powered by 4-AAA's. The led is the new white K2 w/TFFC technology, making it as bright as the Seoul P4. The filter is a Lee "Deep Straw" and makes for a very nice yellow blade. The blade is the UltraEdge from my personal Brass saber, BS-2.

This one is still a work in progress, really. I'll be changing the electronics to eventually include reversed sound and a "Jeweled Pommel" to light it up from both ends. I'll Also be adding a recessed recharge port as well.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Very nice job, that yellow looks very nice (gona have to use that filter my self). Can't wait to see it totaly compleated.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

Very nice indeed.
    If there's a bright centre in the universe, I'm on the planet that's farthest from...

I love the shrouding around the grip and I want that pommel! beatiful saber there

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Very nice experiement!

I like the lower grips a lot
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

i really like that hilt, i sort of reminds me of obi-wan-kenobi's training saber from the jedi apprentice book series ( as seen on many of the covers). good work
    So let it be written, So let it be done.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Awesome saber Jay-Gon. I love the pommel.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Nice lookin' saber Jay.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Wow Jay-Gon. That is a beautiful lightsaber. I really like how you went with all silver and no brass parts. This is probably my favorite saber that you have made so far.

Thank you for sharing! I look forward to any future experiment you will have.

PS Great Obi-Wan pommel, Jay-Gon! Where can I get that attachment? Do you know of any floating around?

-------------------------

May the Force be with you... always.
    Last edited by Misael; 08-23-2009 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Misael View Post
    Wow Jay-Gon. That is a beautiful lightsaber. I really like how you went with all silver and no brass parts. This is probably my favorite saber that you have made so far.

Thank you for sharing! I look forward to any future experiment you will have.

PS Great Obi-Wan pommel, Jay-Gon! Where can I get that attachment? Do you know of any floating around?

-------------------------

May the Force be with you... always.
    sorry, those pommels are few and far between, I'm afraid. They were made in a limited run from a machinesmith I know.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.