Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Jay-gon's Chrome Saber "X"

very sleek man..awesome, great piece of work!

Your test bed saber is looking better than what I want to do with my main saber. You da man!
    So this is how liberty dies... with thunderous applause.

A machinist I know made it. He will not do more, so it would be pointless to ask.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

yeah, those were the days

Necropost! ;D

I just finished off another modification to this saber and thought I'd share the results with the membership here! This saber is still my go to saber for trooping, so I thought it would be cool to add the new PC 1.6 with the FoC set up and a RICE port. Everything went fairly smoothly, except my one smd resistor I used for the switch led wasn't quite making contact so I had to go back and do that again. A few minutes later, I had it all assembled and was using the RICE interface to adjust the settings! I had to make some changes to the chrome sleeve, too so I'd actually be able to assemble this they way I needed to, and that also meant that I had to paint and bake on a satin black finish on the ribbed extension and the 4" double threaded connector that serves as the rear half of the hilt. Painting parts in sub-freezing temps is not something I'd recommend, but these turned out fairly well, since I put them directly into the toaster oven after getting the final coat on them. So without further ado, here is

CS-X-V3

I changed the blue dot long AV switch that I added a couple of years ago when I initially added the Petit Crouton, to a green ring short SPST style with the intention of using a pair of 14650's in my original plan, but that changed when I made the decision to go with the mega bass speaker. Regardless, the 14650's would have been a very tight fit against the terminals on the short switch, rather than fitting underneath it like I had hoped.

So, I decided to go with a replaceable 14500 pack:

You can see the RICE port right there between the speaker and the plug for the battery pack. It simply tucks in behind the speaker on top of the battery pack when not in use. Adding that feature makes it much easier to change the settings on the saber since the SD card is pretty much buried behind all the wires for the recharge port, aux switch and main blade led.

The main blade led is currently a LedEngin BBBB 10 watt running the main blade dice in parallel and the FoC pair in series.

I'll try to shoot a video today sometime and add it to this post when it's finished.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

That is absolutely beautiful. It's like a cross between the Obi TPM and ANH, almost what I would have expected either the AOTC or ROTS hilts to look like. It's so pretty, I find it hard to stop staring. Very, very nice!

This forum is connected to a store so mentioning where to buy things is not cool! Besides, the machinist who made Jay's pommel does amazing work.

Nice upgrades. I like the black ribs on this one.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Rash's post trying to steer people to another vendor has been deleted.

I'll leave Crystal's post up as a warning to others.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Nice update Jay-gon. I like the "new" style of your shrouds lately (the cut out around the av switch) looks good.
    Yub Yub Commander.