Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Area51 saber

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DJMoonbass View Post
    i didnt post ANYTHING about the blade claw setup becuase you guys made a big of a fuss about it anyway (which btw im still doing it because i can).
    Custom emmiter shroud with knife spike system (I FOUND A WAY THAT IT WILL MOUNT SAFLEY AND BE REMOVABLE AS WELL)
    I think that's what barmic was talkin' about. If a lawsuit was to incur. That being included would count as "advice".

I really can't wait to see this saber. I have a feeling its gonaa look pretty neat!!!
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Banned Sith Lord

well i ordered my tcss order just in time for the activation box style 4 to go outa stock so im waiting on that but as of now i have everything i need to start building once they arrive.

build revisions:

i decided to use a pair of sub mini momentary swtiches on my rgb leds so they can change colors.

sound is definate go. i will use a seperate 9 volt battery for the board. YES IT WILL BE RESISTORED and the switch leads will go to the main switch.

found some other awesome add ons that will be a huge surprise.

should be done in 1 to 2 weeks

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Why are you putting a resistor on the power to your sound board?
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

DJ, just search ebay for rainbow LED and you will find the ones you are looking for. Those are the ones I use.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

1.) I wouldnt use a 9v... but thats just me I suppose.

2.) Rhyen- are you talking about the 2 leg RGB leds? I would think the 3 leg would be easier for him to use, especially with a momentary button..but I guess I haven never played with the 2 leg version.. works how?

3.) maybe a 'regulator'?

Banned Sith Lord

i had one of those face palm duh moments. i have a 2 AAA battery holder. ill use that and make a unit out of it, ill attach the speaker and soundboard to the battery holder and then use a a JVT connecter with the switch wires so the whole unit comes out. i want to have this done by october 14. i go to disney land on that day.

so in using 2 AA i reduce my volts from 9 to 3 and i also solve my mounting problem and it wont take up too much space.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Have you found out if you'll even be able to take a saber into Disneyland? You might be able to take the saber, but probably not the blade.

Why aren't you going to Star Wars in Concert in Portland, instead? You can go to Disneyland anytime, it's not going anywhere.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by xl97 View Post
    2.) Rhyen- are you talking about the 2 leg RGB leds? I would think the 3 leg would be easier for him to use, especially with a momentary button..but I guess I haven never played with the 2 leg version.. works how?
    The two leg is alot easier to hook up. All you have to do is wire it in parallel with the main LED (with the correct resistor of course). All the blinking and sequencing is internal to the LED. So, just hook it up like you would an accent LED and your good to go.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Banned Sith Lord

i AM going to starwars in concert J LO. the day before disney land!
    and yes i can the have to run my saber through security but theyll let me. if not ill pull a solo and smuggle it in the secret slot in my cloak. :P

ryhen: i decided i wanted to use the ones i have. becuase i found some perfect submini momentary switches so ill use them with these LEDs so i can push them to change colors

i AM going to starwars in concert J LO. the day before disney land!
    and yes i can the have to run my saber through security but theyll let me. if not ill pull a solo and smuggle it in the secret slot in my cloak. :P

ryhen: i decided i wanted to use the ones i have. becuase i found some perfect submini momentary switches so ill use them with these LEDs so i can push them to change colors
    Smuggle no no, the last thing you want is a confiscated saber...
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)