Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Area51 saber

"Wow. That's Mean."

Sorry DJ, but just because it takes folks time to reply, doesn't mean you have to complain about it, especially since when you asked about the blade set up, most people told you they were washing their hands of the project.

I'm always intrigued by any methods of progressing the hobby, and have actually praised some of you ideas, but please realise that most members on here work full time jobs, and have kids too, so it may take us time to answer.

Frankly, with your attitude in the shoutbox of late, i'm surprised anyone answered.

Your RGB accent LED question should have been a 10 second google search.
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Quote Originally Posted by Barmic Rin View Post
    Your RGB accent LED question should have been a 10 second google search.
    or here.. I know his Redneck leader and I have posted about it a few times..discussing it..

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Keep things civil here... If you don't post something useful, don't post. Avoid double posting as well. I don't want to have to start editing stuff.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Not to be condensending, but to help too...

It was rather difficult to read and understand what you were comunicating...
    It seemed that it was just typed on the fly and dind't take a second to organize your thoughts.

I understand that's the way some people are and think, but it also makes it more difficult for us to help you if you don't voice what you are thinking clearly.

Keep in mind too, you may be speaking it in your head, but we are reading it without knowing how you may have originally intended the message to come across.

ON TO THE LIGHTSABER...
    I would just wire the RGB so it rotates between all the colors... It is easier to do and looks pretty neat! The other have already told you which wire is positive and negative...
    Do you know how you will be mounting it???
    Last edited by cardcollector; 08-26-2009 at 01:42 PM.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Always civil Maul. You know me, i'm one for manners.

Agreed with CC, to ease the build, just auto cycle the colours. Not enough people do that.
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

its 'cycles' the colors FAST!..... Im not sure that would be a desired effect.. unless you want to give someone a seizure! LOL.. but I guess to each their own..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xl97 View Post
    its 'cycles' the colors FAST!..... Im not sure that would be a desired effect.. unless you want to give someone a seizure! LOL.. but I guess to each their own..
    Well it would make the opponet easier to beat...

I've not seen these RGB's cycle though I have others and the colors cycled very slowly, maybe they had a driver or something...

what RGB's are you talking about then?

link 'em up...

Thanks

Blog Entries

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHqkPFW7mNI

between ~1.10 and1.30

Maybe LDM will reveal his secrects...
    Last edited by cardcollector; 08-26-2009 at 02:39 PM.

Banned Sith Lord

hey thanks guys, and sorry barmic. i was thinkin you guys were just flat out ignoring me when i posted the second reply... (but why bring up the shoutbox? ive barely been on it) i just want to autocycle the colors so thats what i do... and instead of just 1 rgb ill use 2 on autoflash... as the name states its the AREA51 saber so i want this to look futuristicy and VERY flashy.

and btw by the time you told me to google search or use the search function on tcss you coulda told how to wire the thing 10 words ago. and barmic i didnt post ANYTHING about the blade claw setup becuase you guys made a big of a fuss about it anyway (which btw im still doing it because i can). i posted to make sure i had all my parts. so this topic had NOTHING to do with the claws. gawd it seems like i cant post ANYTHING without getting my head bit off. thats friggin rediculous.

thanks for your help guys. the saber should be done ina couple weeks... im still savin money from my job.
    Last edited by DJMoonbass; 08-27-2009 at 06:53 PM.