well time to buy parts:

Kobold D ring set up

activation box 4
    green ring momentary antivandal switch
    vader conversion kit
    2X 4 AA battery holder bought from radioshack
    8 trustfires 14500 bought from dealextreme
    trustfire battery charger Bought from Dealextreme

Mouser 10 watt green LED Bought from Mouser $41.95!!!
    copper heatsink
    small computer fan
    10mm Amber LED
    10mm LED holder
    5mm RBG flashy led bought from radioshack. (three prong)
    5mm blue blinky led
    5mm ultraviolet LED
    black thumb screw

two screws for kobold d ring

DJ Machine work (Finished soon.)

Custom emmiter shroud with knife spike system (I FOUND A WAY THAT IT WILL MOUNT SAFLEY AND BE REMOVABLE AS WELL)
    custom luke ROTJ-like pommel.

no the ID of my vader hilt is big enough to use a 4AA pack similar to the 4AAA. so i will have room for all the bling up front... i just need a proper Relay if i decide to use the vader sound board.

so let me know if i missed anything. thanks

DJ
    Last edited by DJMoonbass; 08-25-2009 at 09:12 PM.

Banned Sith Lord

seriously I get no help with this? wow thats mean.

im wondering how i will mount in my speaker... since im using a square 4 AA battery pack...the speaker wont fit on the bottom so whats the best way to mount a speaker near the top? also kal el rah helped me with my soundboard issue... ill just run it off the possitve and negative going to the main
    LED, and ill use a resistor to the board and connect the LED and switch wires on the board.

get a square speaker

srsly can i see a cutaway diagram?
    kthx
    Last edited by galen marek; 08-24-2009 at 01:10 PM.

TCSS Resident Annoyance
    NOOBS: Don't be annoying, thats my job, GO HERE

For the Vader board, you will need a 6V Regulator, but I must warn you, it will get very hot, so it will need heat sinking. 14V is a lot and you have to consider the heat the LED is going to make. So a hot LED, hot Resistors and a hot regulator, you may want to seriously vent this saber along with your fan and make sure your heat sink is sufficient and lets not forget thermal paste! The last thing you want to do is burn out an exspensive LED

Hope this helps

I don't know...

If your NEW to TCSS READ HERE!! >>>>> http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...d=1#post108682

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm having a hard time picturing this saber... Maybe a render of some sort?
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Banned Sith Lord

i decided not to use a soundboard. i have a the tcss copper heatsink that comes with the vader conversion kit and ill mount it in a mill and drill some slots and then mount a small fan underneath to help keep it cool and ill use thermal paste between the led and heatsink. after all my trustfires wont last too long with the LED. about 15 minutes tops... i found a really nice detacheable AA battery pack and i bought 8 14500 trustfire batteries so i can swap packs real quick to have double run time...

i figured the sound board would just complicate things... and drain my batteries faster than a toilet flush so no board just the illuminated switch and three accent LEDs.

i also just bought an ultraedge blade!!!!!!!!!!! so once i make more money and get a new prepaid visa i make my BIG purchase on TCSS. so this saber should be done in 2-3 weeks

thanks Thaxos and Kal for all your help

ALSO I NEED HELP WITH MY RBG LED. its a 5mm rbg led and its a three prong... but on the back it says: Single Color, Color Changing or Flashingmodes.... I want color changing. how do i wire this thing?
    Last edited by DJMoonbass; 08-25-2009 at 09:16 PM.

re: RGB accent LED..

this has been discussed here several times already..

most likely you'll have to wire in a momentary switch to that RGB accent led.. to the 'mode' pin..and press the button cycling through every color until it comes to the last option..which some refer to as 'beacon' mode..where it just cycles through all colors automatically.. (and sorta fast too)..

Quote Originally Posted by DJMoonbass View Post

ALSO I NEED HELP WITH MY RBG LED. its a 5mm rbg led and its a three prong... but on the back it says: Single Color, Color Changing or Flashingmodes.... I want color changing. how do i wire this thing?
    DJ, do some more reading, and you'll find the answer you need. Lol, Jk, sorry, wish I could help.... maybe $k will chime in here in a sec.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Center lead is the common +. One side-pin will control the OOK/toggling function, the other will scroll/blink automatically.

DJ.. are you talking about this one:
    http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=3060680

if so..the flat side/pin is the - and the center pin is the + the last pin is the 'mode' pin..
    hook up a momentary switch to the 'mode pin' and to ground.. and it will control the colors..

matter of fact..

read the reviews about it:
    http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...gs#showReviews

Eastern-

what is the OOK/toggle function? I dont understand you directions..can you explain? are you talking about the same led in the link above?

Thanks