Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Seoul P4 with filter or Amber LED?

Council Member
    Jedi Master

http://www.leefilters.com/lighting/contact/

You used to be able to just send them a message at that link, and just ask for a swatch book. I got mine that way. I have heard from a few people lately that they won't send you one directly, but will instead refer you to your closest local distributor. If you have one nearby, you might get be able to get one. If you don't, I don't know what you would do.

Maybe someone else can share their experience.

You just use the link that obi dar posted, enter the required fields, and in the enquiry section state "I would like to request the free designers edition swatch book." and then send the message. If they don't return the message they most likely have shiped it to you and you will have to wait around three weeks to get it (it takes a long time). But if you get an email about using a local distributer, go to that link and just do what I said earlier in this post.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

After reading some of the stories here on the site, I am reluctant to go to lee filters directly. People are reporting that it takes months even to get an email saying "talk to your local distributer", let alone a swatch book.

Somebody here posted a link to a website where for about $3.75 you could buy swatch books from several different companies and have them shipped right to you without all the rigmorale of waiting weeks or months possibly just to be told to kiss off and bother somebody else.

Do what you want, it's up to you to wait or go do somthing different.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

In general... the darker the filter--the less overall light is coming out... almost without exception.

This explains why colors like yellow, sky blue and pink are among the most "satisfying" and easy-to-obtain via "white LED + filter" vs. something more like purple or orange.

In general, you want a HIGH rate of transference with the filter. Something like at LEAST 75% or more wherever possible.

Come to think of it... the only "real" colors that are essentially missing from current LED chemistry (without doing RGB or filtering) are just that:

Yellow
    Orange
    Sky Blue
    Pink
    Purple

I can't imagine any other colors that one would want to get (via FILTERING) that wouldn't simply be slightly modified versions of these. Well, ok, other than "barely there" colors, such as making a super super pastel yellow, or orange, blah blah.

For example, teal can easily be achieved by the desirable bins between green & blue spectrums.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

This saber uses a white K2 TFFC led and Lee's "Deep Straw" filter:

A P4 powered blade would be the same brightness. There is no single led that will get you that shade of yellow, unless like it was said before, you use an RBG or similar type of led. The white led + filter is much easier to do.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanita View Post
    After reading some of the stories here on the site, I am reluctant to go to lee filters directly. People are reporting that it takes months even to get an email saying "talk to your local distributer", let alone a swatch book.

Somebody here posted a link to a website where for about $3.75 you could buy swatch books from several different companies and have them shipped right to you without all the rigmorale of waiting weeks or months possibly just to be told to kiss off and bother somebody else.
    I emailed them about a month ago, they never replied back but to my chagrin, they indeed mailed me the giant filter swatchbook and a couple info booklets!