Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Stuck need help (Vader)

Default Stuck need help (Vader)

Doing a Vader conversion. Sorta stuck. I could use some guidance form the Force....or the experts form TCSS forums.

How complete is the tutorial?

This is the pic from the tutorial:

Here's what mine looks like aftet I cracked it open:

Is mine different somehow? How do I separate the silver thing from the resistor and wires? What is that gray wire coming form the resistor in the tutorial? I was doing good and really confident up until now. Also, I can't seem to yank the led strip from the blade. Is there a trick of some sort?

its just a connector and your lookin at the right thing the 2 pictures are the same thing(clash sensor) just yours is still attached to the base of the blade. just BE CAREFULL and dont force it apart, it will come
    ~dave

What you have there is one of the earlier models of the vader that had a DIN plug on the blade. This was done to initially have the blades be removable, but the idea was nixed by Lucasfilm. The conversion of these sabers is nearly the same as the one posted here, with a few little differences. You'll have to de-solder the clash sensor (the gray thing you call a resistor) and solder wires to the board. The gray wire in the tutorial picture is the negative for the clash, or HIT on the board. The blue wire is the positive for the clash sensor, and goes to the positive for the main led, the one labeled VDD. Don't worry about removing the wires from the plug, you don't need them. Just get the clash sensor off.

Unless you plan to re-use the blade, you don't need to remove the led strip from it. There is most likely another pin some where that will need to be pushed through to allow it to be removed, if you need to re-use the blade.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Ok, not a resistor, it's the clash sensor. Check.

I have e new blade, so I won't be reusing the stock.

So what I have to do is de-solder (aka carefully remove) the clash sensor from the DIN plug?

Thanks again for the help guys.

let us know if you get it or upload another pic if your having any trouble, remember DONT force it. gl
    ~dave

Gotcha.

I'll use the Force, but I won't force it.

Well, I pulled the sensor....but when I got it off there was only one wire sticking out, which I assume means I lost either the pos or neg(?)

What's the story? Am I screwed? Is there any way to jam another wire in? How can I tell it it's the pos or neg?

The clash sensor is like a momentary switch, polarity doesn't matter, I can't realy help you with the wire though, search around for a replacement sensor. An old toy saber clash sensor would work.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

The wire that is missing was more than likely soldered to the shell of the impact sensor(THE CAN). Try testing it by hooking up a multimeter to the wire that is there and contact the can with the other multimeter pin, if you shock it and you read a resistance less than infinite, you have your answer at what needs to be done to fix it.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

Well, turns out I had an old Qui-Gon from 2001, complete with clash sensor.

But before I start yanking stuff apart, just to be sure, this is the clash sensor, correct?

Last edited by jediracer; 08-20-2009 at 06:02 PM.