Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vader MR piece missing

Default Vader MR piece missing

I just find a lightsaber hilt with the sound board inside (Vader ESB 2005 MR lightsaber) but that part in the picture is missing.

I want to know If I can still use the board for a led lightsaber without that piece or where can I get a replacement. Thanks
    Not only a partner, but a friend

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Does your Vader have a DIN plug setup in it? If it did, and the blade was removed when you bought the hilt, you won't have the clash sensor (the part you are missing).
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

So, without that I can't have a clash effect? I still want to use the board and I have some clash sensors from an old hasbro board. can i use them or just forget the clash effect?
    Thanks maul for your quick answer.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yeah, It's not ideal but the Hasbro sensor will work in it's place just fine.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

I tried to hook up the board without this sensor and I can't make it start. The board make the sound like it was starting then it stops and starts again (over and over again very fast) I want to know if its for the clash sensor or something is wrong with the board. Thanks again.

you need a clash sensor. one form a hasbro will work given you have space and it dosent touch the hilt in anyway or you can pm corbin and see what he can turn up. he got me one for my setup cause I needed a second sensor(mr board + corbins driver). And its tiny as hell.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hasid Lafre
    you need a clash sensor. one form a hasbro will work given you have space and it dosent touch the hilt in anyway or you can pm corbin and see what he can turn up. he got me one for my setup cause I needed a second sensor(mr board + corbins driver). And its tiny as hell.
    No... the board will work fine without it. I've done some sabers that way when I didn't have spare sensors or just didn't care.

The on/off constantly issue is usually low batteries.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

I've changed the batteries and it's still the same. I would check every component of the board to see what's going on. Thanks guys for your help.

Hey guys I have this exact same issue. I bought an Anakin saber hilt (MR FX) on ebay and it came with the Vader middle section (housing the sound board) but it didn't come with the clash sensor and the quick disconnect shown in the picture on post #1 was missing the grey wire. I have hooked up the saber without the clash sensor and the power on/power off, idle hum, and motion hum all work fine.
    Last edited by Darth Securis; 10-26-2009 at 06:24 PM.

Just for your info TCSS now offers replacement clash sensors.
    Mike Spurgeon SL-3412 Star Garrison

"The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner; now *I* am the master."