Thread: SW; Purge Era RPG ??

Default SW; Purge Era RPG ??

An old forum buddy and I (not from here) are discussing beginning a SW RPG forum to run a single game at a time.
    First game would be a Purge Era (between EPIII & EPIV) RPG based in the outer rim in the cantina I created for my stories (Called The Shaft).

I am wondering who might be interested. It would most likely be open to a set number of players (maybe a dozen), plus some "Staffers" who would run certain areas of the RPG, in order to maintain cohesion and manageability.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

if interested just let me know below and I will inform you if/when all is set up. I will host it on my own site.
    All things a beginning have.
    As all things do an ending.
    Be not too hasty from one to the other to move, or much will you miss, along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenric Starkindler View Post
    An old forum buddy and I (not from here) are discussing beginning a SW RPG forum to run a single game at a time.
    First game would be a Purge Era (between EPIII & EPIV) RPG based in the outer rim in the cantina I created for my stories (Called The Shaft).

I am wondering who might be interested. It would most likely be open to a set number of players (maybe a dozen), plus some "Staffers" who would run certain areas of the RPG, in order to maintain cohesion and manageability.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

if interested just let me know below and I will inform you if/when all is set up. I will host it on my own site.
    more details maybe? are you planning on setting up a MUD, or an IRC game of the D20 RPG rules or something else?

You sound more informed than I. I am an old school RPGer and am thinking more of a forum/post based RPG. I have seen ones like it on other SW based forums and thought it would be fun. Keeping it simple by limiting the number of players and supplying a detailed backdrop for interactions.
    I shall need to look into your question a bit as it may prove a more useful approach.
    Be not too hasty from one to the other to move, or much will you miss, along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenric Starkindler View Post
    You sound more informed than I. I am an old school RPGer and am thinking more of a forum/post based RPG. I have seen ones like it on other SW based forums and thought it would be fun. Keeping it simple by limiting the number of players and supplying a detailed backdrop for interactions.
    I shall need to look into your question a bit as it may prove a more useful approach.
    lol I'm from the pen and paper school of RPG's so I get where you're coming from. My question was whether you're trying to set up a rules based game with some method of dice rolling or some such with online meetings, which I know people use IRC for, or whether it's more of a group story telling thing.

I'm not really interested if it's not an rpG as in game with rules and stats and such, i've found that without random numbers getting involved I get bored.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Could be fun...details man!
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Council Member
    Jedi Master

I'm currently involved in an online RPG that's more the multi author story telling aspect, rather than random number stuff.

It's alot of fun, we have the main thread for the story telling, then
    a seperate thread for planning and such.

It's alot of fun, but it can be a pain as not everyone is what I call a talented author

You've hit upon my initial idea.
    I am an old school Player and one time Game Master whose players knew my geography better than the real thing. Story telling is a strong point of mine.
    I DO like what I have seen on MUDs so far...it might be worth looking into but I wonder about the learning curve and time to set up such a deal.

Any info/advice from those familiar would be appreciated.

My forum, as of now, is set in portions, since the main setting has three distinct areas or levels there is a thread devoted to each, another for character intros and bios, one intended for discussion outside the play, and more to be added as needed. All areas would run simultaneously with a set of rules governing interaction and movement between areas.
    Characters left unattended would be narratively sidelined to keep play flow smooth.
    Each player would likely be required to post in a set color/typeface so all could follow who said/did what when.

I have several stories already written that use the planet and cantina, along with some of the NPCs so there is a fair amount of information to set the stage.

well, the thing with muds is they're more automated, the GM in most that I've seen is more a of an admin than a GM in the traditional sense.

I'd think the easiest thing to do is figure out how to set up an IRC channel and run it like a traditional PPG, you can create a spreadsheet for character sheets (someone probably has if you want to use the D&D based official game rules) and then use a random number generator in IRC for dice rolls.

ideas worth considering. Thanks.
    I like the story telling aspect myself....always have....a MUD, though automated, might be adaptable enough to allow for a mix of storytelling and automation.....a lot of work likely though...