Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom Mando (tons of pics)

Quote Originally Posted by ArkaiHalon View Post
    looks good. how did you get that mottled look? rag roll?
    Thanks, simple matter of taking crumpled newspaper to the drying coat of black paint. (Credit to my artistic friend)

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    Are you allowed to use a real flight suit under your amor?
    But of course!

Quote Originally Posted by theJUDGE View Post
    that color scheme is amazing! i wouldn't have done any other
    Thanks!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I was just wondering, because people doing Pilot costumes for the RL and using a real flight suit have to mod them extensively to meet the Standards.

I didn't know if you needed a more "Fett-ish" jump/flight suit for the Mando Mercs or not.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

As I recall, the Mando Mercs allow a bit more freedom than the Rebel Legion/501st. It was actually the reason they were formed. There are requirements, of course, but those usually pertain to the armor itself; a full bucket, for example.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    I was just wondering, because people doing Pilot costumes for the RL and using a real flight suit have to mod them extensively to meet the Standards.

I didn't know if you needed a more "Fett-ish" jump/flight suit for the Mando Mercs or not.

It's kind of like the Jedi requirements in the RL. if you are doing a face charactor, the requirements are much stricter than if you are doing a generic. If someone is doing Boba, then the requirements are MUCH stricter than me doing my red mando.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

That makes sense.

This group is certainly making a name for themselves, and being recognized among the other costuming groups, now. I saw a pic from Dragon*Con with Mary Franklin from LFL posing with some of the members there.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

guess I'm not the only Jedi going mando!

I'm making mine from scratch thanks to Pepakura. Got a good helmet file. can't seem to find any for the gauntlets but those can be custom made and unfolded in the designer.

oh yeah, I'm Tora Rall in the mando merch forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Col-mar View Post
    guess I'm not the only Jedi going mando!

I'm making mine from scratch thanks to Pepakura. Got a good helmet file. can't seem to find any for the gauntlets but those can be custom made and unfolded in the designer.

oh yeah, I'm Tora Rall in the mando merch forums.
    Ahh sweet, I'll keep an eye out for you...
    Personally, I bought some vacformed gaunts, but from what I've later found out, modifying shin guards can prove to be quite effective.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Quote Originally Posted by Thaxos View Post
    Personally, I bought some vacformed gaunts, but from what I've later found out, modifying shin guards can prove to be quite effective.
    the modified shinguards have to be HIGHLY modified so as to no longer be identifiable as shin guards. Just as easy to use PVC or Sintra to make the gaunts.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaxos View Post
    A method I saw on TDH had someone using the extra large "Big Gulp" cups from 7/11. I think he coated them with resin for strength, and then proceeded to add some parts to make them look like a set of gaunts.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum_and_Villainy View Post
    A method I saw on TDH had someone using the extra large "Big Gulp" cups from 7/11. I think he coated them with resin for strength, and then proceeded to add some parts to make them look like a set of gaunts.
    I'm Torra Rall there too.