Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: A new hope

Quote Originally Posted by dvader5655 View Post
    hey guys I have another question. Ihave this old hasboro obi wan light saber with the sound card and the shock drive with speaker all intact. this may be dumb but Ithink it will work with a lux 3 right? I mean all I,ll need is the lux 3 and a heat sink and blade right? I,ve been lookin on the boards but maybe I just haven't found the right thread yet.
    Red 5 standing by

HAHA yeah j-loreen is correct not all of us have kids(or want kids.. damn they go from potty trained to potty mouth these days.. is it just me or are kids bad these days??).. lol

now if i have your question correct then you have a hasbro obi FX lightsaber(NOT the cheap plastic toy saber from walmart) that originally has a fixxed blade and ALL metal hilt about 45" total length, 1" blade, movie sounds, takes 3aa or aaa batteries im not sure on that model but takes 3 of them<-----
    If thats the correct one then Yes you can convert it to LED, still using the stock on/off switch AND use the sound board to drive(run) the LED.. it will remain identical to its original replica appearance with the addition of a blade screw. heres a link to what i THINK your trying to do
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=5729
    *hint always check the pictures to confirm you have the saber the conversion tut is about*

ok i was thinking and since im not sure ill post this link for you incase it is the toy hasbro saber your talking about, this is a conversion where you use the toy soundboard to drive an LED its very good tut about using the cheaper version soundcards. i hope one of the two posts helped you, keep us posted
    ~dave
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...hlight=economy

Quote Originally Posted by Invisas1979 View Post
    A saber without sound is like a big mac without gurkins.
    Now, we can't have that can we?
    Prepare for major PWNage.

If you need any help with anything, whatsoever, click here. This should help you.

Definition of n00b- Here.

Ok. thanx. I have the plastic toy hasboro Obi wan. But I think its the one with force feed back. It has a motor that actuates when hit. and makes the blade shimmer of and on. can I still use the it? or should I scrap the idea. I also have the Yoda plastic hasboro one that talks. how about that one? and then I have the vader MR FX replica but the leds are still intact so I was plannig to use it for display in my boys room.

Sorry, not sure what you mean by "Using the it".
    Prepare for major PWNage.

If you need any help with anything, whatsoever, click here. This should help you.

Definition of n00b- Here.

the sound card. I was hoping Icould use the guts from the toy saber to make a led saber but from the previous posts I may not be able to use the guts because it has a force feel actuating moter and a shimmer off and on effect.or can i just use the card itself. If not i'll scrap the idea and get a sound card and be done with it.

I can tell your mind is working(hehe), lets see if i can help ya out!!

Well i think what would be best for you is to leave the MR FX vader in the boys room especially if theres nothing wrong with it. ditch the rest of them. re-read that "hasbro economy sound" thread those are dirt cheap and supposedly nearly as good as he FX boards(maybe need to get one of tims tcss speakers). so id look for one of those and set out to build something of my own personal design, unfortunatly i have never used any of the ones you are talking about so i dont feel safe saying what can and cannot be done with them. Rhyen is the BEST guy to ask, go on and post in his thread and include pictures so he gets a look at what your looking at doing then make something sweet off the mhs builder. you wont be disappointed, i assure you
    ~dave

p.s. The guys who think that mhs builds are common id like to say that mathmatically in the joe jedi (master replica FX construction kit) it states that there are over 1000 possibilities.. and theres only 3 of each piece.. tim has WAYYYY more then 3 of each to choose from meaning there are a few thousand(maybe 3500 or MORE) seperate saber solutions.. you can definatly do something all your own

Dude. you rock. I'll do that. I'm thinkin about ditchin the whole idea and goin straight for a fx board. its gonna take more time but I think it'll be worth the wait. but I can allways use the hasboro guts to build a baby(padawan) saber for my boy. I think thats my route. thanx. i'll post pics after I get my parts that I order.

we all look forward to your progress on your project and hehe ty for your praise

you should be able to find a broken saber on ebay for relatively inexpensive they come up every so often and 97% of the broken ones have led's that are bad or a crease in the blade so you can almost always salvage the board or do a conversion on them which is really much easier then you might think... hardest one ive done was a rotj rest are very very easy(although ive never done yoda yet but the tut looks simple) and tim/stryder(owner tcss) sells conversion kits for most(if not all) of the mr/hasbro sabers they include the heatsink so you just buy the actual LED, led holder, and lens(collimiter) then you wire it to the FX board easy huh. Still uses the same switch, battery pack/speaker its very sweet.. and DEFINATLY displayable.
    ~dave