Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: A new hope

I got another question. I just bought a piece of aluminum tubeing. what are the thread dimensions for blade holders and pommels. I need to know so I can machine the tubing. also the tubing is 1.25 inner diamater.schedule 40x20 with plenty of meat for threading. thats why I need to know. I can't find the dimensions any where. hopefully this tubing will work or I'll have to make an adapter or flange.

Quote Originally Posted by dgdve View Post
    HAHA yeah j-loreen is correct not all of us have kids(or want kids.. damn they go from potty trained to potty mouth these days.. is it just me or are kids bad these days??).. lol

now if i have your question correct then you have a hasbro obi FX lightsaber(NOT the cheap plastic toy saber from walmart) that originally has a fixxed blade and ALL metal hilt about 45" total length, 1" blade, movie sounds, takes 3aa or aaa batteries im not sure on that model but takes 3 of them<-----
    If thats the correct one then Yes you can convert it to LED, still using the stock on/off switch AND use the sound board to drive(run) the LED.. it will remain identical to its original replica appearance with the addition of a blade screw. heres a link to what i THINK your trying to do
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=5729
    *hint always check the pictures to confirm you have the saber the conversion tut is about*
    Not all kids are bad!lol I mean building sabers keeps me out of ANY trouble. Anyways...To tell you the truth it wounld be easer to just use two adapters... IMO that is...get those then. drill 2 holes at the bottom one on each side (for the pommel) and at the top(blade holder) do the same thing. then screw on your peaces! btw you could still use that obi board.... http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...read.php?t=372 There is an obi board in there somewhere.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

1.25" tubing is too small of an OD to thread for MHS parts. That size tubing would fit inside MHS parts.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Invisas1979 View Post

Pommel, Insert, and a clip to hold the insert in place.
    What kind of clip are you referring to? I was planning on hot glueing mine in. You don't mean like the covertec clip do you? I thought that was for like a belt clip on system.

the c-clips or o-rings will hold the pommel inserts in place. (although you could use hot glue...not much though.) here ya go- http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MPS-Clip--P72.aspx