Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Grip material for saber.

Default Grip material for saber.

Does anyone know where I can find some sort of grip material that i similar to the grip on the upper part on the Mace saber?
    Prepare for major PWNage.

If you need any help with anything, whatsoever, click here. This should help you.

Definition of n00b- Here.

I have yet to examine a Mace Windu saber in person but I'm guessing it's neoprene rubber. You can get smooth, textured, adhesive backed and non-adhesive backed neoprene rubber in several different thicknesses from McMaster-Carr ( http://www.mcmaster.com/# ). I bought some from them. Good stuff.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Heat shrink with adhesive, warm it around the part then cut it to the way you want.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

I am sorry, I should have been more specific, I would only want about half the peice covered.

If you need any help with anything, whatsoever, click here. This should help you.

The material I talked about and the material Sairon talked about can be cut to the shape you want using a hobby knife.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

I woud assume that you cant adapt heatshrink to half of a peice going vertically, correct?

like I said, shrink it first onto the part then cut it to the shap you want.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

Quote Originally Posted by $tarkiller View Post
    Does anyone know where I can find some sort of grip material that i similar to the grip on the upper part on the Mace saber?
    are you meaning the textured grip stuff?

Sure, I mean it dosent really matter, just as long as it will stick and stay for a good while. And Sairon, how is the heatshrink when it comes to durability? Meaning does it stick well?

The ones with adhesive stick great, I've used it on metal and it doesn't budge. (sorry no pics)