Thread: Obi wan MR conversion

Default Obi wan MR conversion

I want to convert my 2006 Master Replicas Obi Wan saber, but i've noticed the conversion kit in the store says its a hasbro conversion kit. Will this kit still work in a Master Replicas saber or would i need to find a new kit?
    thanks

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Yes, it will still work
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Eh.. no it wont. Atleast I dont think it will. The Hasbro and MR are quite a bit diiferent when it comes to the Obi and we had to design a new kit for the Hasbro. I never had the oppurtunity to see if the Hasbro kit would work in a MR but I doubt it would.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Council Member
    Sith Lord

I shall jump in here to say that, no it will not work (without serious modification that is). How do I know this? I am looking at one of each kit right now...Sorry, you may want to get a 1.25" adapter and modify that (or a maul) It will take some doing though and is definitely not an "entry level" conversion.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

so would the MR Maul conversion kit work, Maybe even a Luke ROTJ conversion kit would work since the sabers are similar? If not is there any other place i could go to and buy a conversion kit for my Obi Wan Master Replica?
    Last edited by jpereira92; 08-09-2009 at 08:06 PM.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Maul is hte same OD as the Obi, but about 1cm shorter and missing the lip. Like I say, it can work, but it takes at least moderate skill to accomplish it. The ROTJ, on the other hand, will not work nearly as well as the Maul.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!