Thread: My first saber

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default My first saber

Hello everybody! My name is Charles, and I've been a Starwars fanboy for as long as I can remember; a sentiment that is quite common here I am sure. I have always longed to find a community such as this and possibly other LARP style groups that share my interest on a more active level. I'm a bit of a craftsman and always have been, so a saber seemed like the perfect project for me to work on. I can't even begin to count how many times I've pictured just the right lightsaber for me, and othersuch details. Anywho, onto the questions. Like I said I'm a light craftsman, but when it comes to saber building I am a self confessed noob for lack of a better term. I think I've got the basics nailed down from reading over the tutorials and other people's posts, but I wanted to post my plans for the saber before I lay down any money on it, just to be safe.

I wanted to build my first saber entirely out of MHS hilt pieces and other parts TCSS carries, and I may try to build a hardware saber once I get more familliar with the process and feel like venturing into the real creative stuff. Without further ado, here is the setup I got on the MHS creator. (also picture a style 6 MPS insert thrown in).

I figured I would save the double male connector to house a crystal chamber in the future, but until I work that out I'm going to be getting either a Seoul P4 in white, or the Luxeon V in Cyan. A 5 degree lens seemed the obvious choice, and of course I would have to get the appropriate lens holder.

As for power, I'm still undecided. Alot of what I have read seems to suggest the 700mA BuckPuck with the 6AA battery pack, but I am very open to suggestions. Besides that and a switch, what else would I need?

I'm pretty sure I've also decided on the 1" Corbin Battle Blade, but again I welcome any advice that could be offered. I suppose my main questions would be:

A, will I have enough room to house all my electronics with the parts I have chosen? The hilt length is 15.56 inches according to the creator, and to be honest I'm not sure how much space the electronics take.

B, will I have enough room to incorporate an illuminated crystal chamber in the double male connector in the future? or a sound system?

C, are the parts compatible? Would I need anything else to accomplish my goals? And, on the same note, would you recommend a Seoul P4 over a Luxeon V? Or vice versa? Like I said earlier, I foresee either getting a white or cyan blade.

Sorry for all the questions, I just wanted to get the best information available before spending any money on the saber. Please enlighten me with your collective wisdom I look forward to posting pictures of the finished product and contributing more to the forums when I am more well-versed.

I also apologize for the unnecessarily lengthy post. Even my own eyes are burning after re-reading it.

Xazato
    Last edited by Xazato; 08-10-2009 at 03:32 AM.