Thread: My Darth Bane MHS Concept 2.0

Default My Darth Bane MHS Concept 2.0

In the past couple of weeks, I have been remembering some of the video's I have seen on the Darth Bane lightsaber (most notibly by Jango Fett). I decided that I would create my own Darth Bane Saber out of MHS Parts, here is the the concept image I will be using for the real life product.

Let me know what everybody thinks, and please feel free to give any advice on any part of the project, including the inner electronics.

I plan to give this saber a Very Good Quality RGB Violet Blade, with the best sound card I can get my hands on.

May The Force Serve Us All Well
    Last edited by Darth Wraith; 08-09-2009 at 12:50 PM.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

You may wanna wait a tinsy bit since a little birdy told me that a MHS Bane is in the works by one of the Masters...maybe you can get a few ideas from it. Your render looks fine (a nice saber), but not very close to the actual saber renders or the one created by darkside customs.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Why did they give his toy a purple blade, when it was clearly red?

Also, why did they say it was curved in the novel, when the straight hilted version had existed for 4yrs previously in the comics....

Here's the picture from wiki & luukesabers
    http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/sc...x-9209191f.jpg

Probably the first pic of it in the comics:

I'd hold out like LDM says....
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Default I always like Bane better with Violet

Here is the video in which I used for my inspiration:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCAGuiSErfI

It's not exactly the same, but I'm not a experianced saber builder, so this is probably as good as I'm going to get it by myself. I wanted a great quality RGB Violet lightsaber, and this one will fit the bill just fine, aswel as I always liked Darth Bane better with a Violet lightsaber. I think it suits him better.

Case in point:

http://api.ning.com/files/51ehkRIWEp.../DarthBane.bmp

Quote Originally Posted by Barmic Rin View Post
    Also, why did they say it was curved in the novel, when the straight hilted version had existed for 4yrs previously in the comics....
    Whats really funny is that the cover of Rule of Two clearly shows his hilt as a straight hilt.

New Staff Design

The novel was great but that cover art was lacking a bit... aside from the saber screw up. You would think that the editors or even the author would pick up on that.
    "Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can."

The curved or hooked Bane has been the bane of my existence for a while now. That's why no comments are allowed on the video.

The comics version is what Darkside customs/Ultrasabers based their design off of. Even it is not entirely accurate due to copyright.
    Drew K's hooked/curved version did not even exist yet. The comics came first.
    On that detail. Lots of writers add inane details that do not make any sense to the the fans, just to add more detail to their work. It created one more quirk to the character to increase the character's depth/3rd dimension.
    (oh it's hooked/curved to throw stupid jedi off oooo )

I know of one writer that added a detail to Qui-gon's saber saying that each fin in the grip had a small crystal to strengthen the saber.
    It's rubbish.

My advice would be to go with whatever design you prefer. there is no cannon design till LFL confirms one.
    Have fun peeps.
    butthurtz is a path to the darkside.
    Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to butthurtz. Butthurtz leads to suffering

That was Drew K. that said about Quigons crystals. Lucas confirmed most of those sections allegedly container small power packs, not crystals.

I agree with Roy, just go with what you interpret the design as....
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

To add to what BR says, the beauty of mhs is to make it how you see it as in your eyes.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics