Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Lightsaber Exercises

Master Naashar, I have been playing around with color schemes in Autocad. I'm giving serious thought to the Bronze & Copper color scheme similar to the color of the R4 G9 astromech on Obi Wan Kenobi's Jedi Starfighter, the one he flew to Utapau. I've found the right combination of paints and laminates to create that effect. In the simulations it looks very, very nice. I just have finalize the patterns of colors. Soon my precious! Oh, wait wrong movie.

"Destroy the Sith we must!"
    Master Yoda

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Mor-El Kesav

Master Naashar, I have been playing around with color schemes in Autocad.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I'm looking to do a combo of the polished silver, black enamel and maybe some gold. Nothing too gaudy, but something to make it more.."finished", for lack of a better word. I've got some ideas floating around, but the idea of the gunmetal blue intrigues me. Not for the whole rig, mind you, but maybe something around the grip or emitter area. I was able to locate a source for the 1000-2000 grit sandpaper; I may have to visit an art supply store for the add-ons. They say the devil is in the details, so I'm thinking of doing something that is functional, as this will be my primary 'saber out of all the hilts I plan to build, but increases in aesthetic value upon closer inspection.

You must be well versed in drafting and design, what with your AutoCad-ing! I look forward to being among the first to view your completed rig..if only I had that knowledge...

You don't need to see any identification.

My eldest daugther just graduated with her Architural degree. She is the Master at Autocad. I have her stand over my shoulder while I'm playing with the colors. She actually designed the Saber in autocad, all I have to do is change the colors! []

Gunmetal Blue would look really good on the Emitter head, and if it were a functional lightsaber, that would be the ideal place to "blue" it. Protection from the heat and all that.

Master Yoda

Hello my friends.

Master Na'Ashar. Check out this color scheme. Cool, no?

Slightly different view:

&=====;]--------------
    nyjedi.com

Good day, m'friends:

Master Mor-El: I've actually begun the polishing in earnest. I also picked up some gold wire thread (!) and the black enamel. Quick question for you about the gunmetal blue: did you simulate the whole emitter being blued, or was it sort of a gradient-effect, as if the energies from the blade have blued the emitter over time and use?

Master NYJedi: Very much so! I'm loving the blacked-out hilt! It appears to be a Graflex/Anakin-type with pvc(?) accents; what's the script along the side? It reminds me of the blade from "The Last Samurai", what with the writing...it also appears to be longer than your standard hilt. My Obi-variant is looking to measure in at a little longer (2"?) than the Anakin, which I think will play right into my style of dueling. Serendipity seems to play a huge role in this hilt construction thing! (the dragon is nice, too, and i have that same practice tai-chi sword; Great minds think alike, evidently!) I also like the innovative rack you've built!

Master Nashaar, I had done it all over initially but recolored it when I read your reply. I had tried fading it out to plain metal but that didn't look right so I darked the distal end of the emitter to achieve the effect of the blade have blued the emitter over time and use and that looked much sharper. It's wasn't too noticable, just a tad darker so that it looked like a well used, well maintained, weapons barrel. That seemed to give it a more authentic, not right out of the box, look to the Hilt. It made the hilt look like one that a Jedi Master has used for years but kept it in prime condition. It was a subtle effect but I thought it looked great. I'm going to try to export it to a graphic that maintains the proper colors and if I can do that I'll e-mail it to you.

Master Yoda

the pain of fun, I am in. today i started my martial arts training in Kendo with Master Don Ogle. i will be training modays, tuesday, wensday, thurday, and saturday. its my first day and i am already sore and all we did was the basic stances and cuts. well i am off to work seeya

<center><font size="1"><font color="maroon">Please read the FAQ and the Thread Index before you post.</font id="maroon"></font id="size1">

"Many claim to have found serenity, and through serenity to have overcome anger. Such arrogance is astounding."
    </center>

Ahh, the joys of a new sport. The pains I had from Aikido were worse than those from Karate. I was always used by my Aikido master as the demo-student. I was the biggest guy in the class, so he used me to demonstrate everything. At least I learned how to fall without killing myself. [B)]

Master Yoda

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Mor-El Kesav

Master Nashaar, I had done it all over initially but recolored it when I read your reply. I had tried fading it out to plain metal but that didn't look right so I darked the distal end of the emitter to achieve the effect of the blade have blued the emitter over time and use and that looked much sharper. It's wasn't too noticable, just a tad darker so that it looked like a well used, well maintained, weapons barrel. That seemed to give it a more authentic, not right out of the box, look to the Hilt. It made the hilt look like one that a Jedi Master has used for years but kept it in prime condition. It was a subtle effect but I thought it looked great. I'm going to try to export it to a graphic that maintains the proper colors and if I can do that I'll e-mail it to you.

Master Yoda

Master Mor-El, that's 'zactly the look I was going for; you must be Force-Tuned as well! I'd appreciate any graphics you can send me, but your words have pretty much verbalized what I was looking to do and the idea I wanted to express with this, my primary dueling hilt.

A Man amongst men and a Jedi's Jedi, you are! Thanks again, m'friend.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by naashar

Master NYJedi: Very much so! I'm loving the blacked-out hilt! It appears to be a Graflex/Anakin-type with pvc(?) accents; what's the script along the side? It reminds me of the blade from "The Last Samurai", what with the writing...it also appears to be longer than your standard hilt. My Obi-variant is looking to measure in at a little longer (2"?) than the Anakin, which I think will play right into my style of dueling. Serendipity seems to play a huge role in this hilt construction thing! (the dragon is nice, too, and i have that same practice tai-chi sword; Great minds think alike, evidently!) I also like the innovative rack you've built!

Thanks, Naashar! It was in fact a upgraded Anakin I got from NY Jedi's new sponsor, Galactic Arms. The hilt is longer too, like you noticed, but I'm really liking the extra length. The black side material is not PVC, but a grip-like coating.

Here's a better pic of that Rack too. Glad you like it,

&=====;]--------------
    nyjedi.com