Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Lightsaber Exercises

Masters, I apologize for the delay. I'm currently passing a kidney stone and I'm loaded with pain killers. That is making it a tad difficult to concentrate. I'll get the picture out to you as soon as I get rid of this blasted stone.

"Destroy the Sith we must!"
    Master Yoda

My goodness. I do not envy you, but I feel for you nonetheless. Speedy recovery, m'friend.

**edit: If it's any consolation, hearty congrats on your "knighthood", Master Mor-El![]

You don't need to see any identification.

That's one particular asteroid I'd like to avoid! Get well soon my friend!

MC

You want to go home and re-think your life

ironically, today i heard of a great way to avoid those nasty lil buggers... DRINK BEER. how awesome is that?!

-----------------------------------------
    A Jedi feels the Force flowing through him..

get better mor-el i ave heard htat they had a prototype treatment out now where they sonically vibrate the stones tille the start to crumble

<center><font size="1"><font color="maroon">Please read the FAQ and the Thread Index before you post.</font id="maroon"></font id="size1">

"Many claim to have found serenity, and through serenity to have overcome anger. Such arrogance is astounding."
    </center>

My greetings to all practitioners of the martial and Jedi arts. My sympathies to a swift and natural recovery from the ordeal Master Mor-El is suffering from. I've been on the boards for a while now, but never had much of value to add that others weren't taking care of faster than I. That being said, I'm supprised I hadn't seen this thread sooner. I am a student in Enshin karate in the Jewett City Ct. dojo, a former Marine reservist, and a small builder of sabers. I am also in the Rebel Legion with the AlderaanBase as an X-wing driver.[8D] My sensei had started a few of us along the sword path akin to Shinkedo, but as there were only 2 of us, it fizzled. So with what I've seen here on this thread, I think I'll be taking a solo (for now) path until I can reach out to others once my skills have progressed.

"They told me they fixed it!!! It's not my fault!"

Greetings friends and fellow Force-users:

First, my profound sympathy for you, Master Mor-el. I passed 3 kidney stones years ago and found the first to be VERY painful. The last 2 passed easily. I gave up milk right after that and have not had any since then. They did not know what made them, but as they were calcium based, this was my thought on how to stop them. For me it worked. May the Force aid your recovery. Congratulations on your Knighthood as well. I made mine earlier last month and didn't even notice it.

Welcome to the boards, Master Erik, I hope we don't get you confused with my fellow intructor and Co-founder of our lightsaber training class. We will henceforth refer to him as Master Smudge [his nickname]

Secondly, I apologise for my absence from these boards in the last week. I developed an ulcer on the bottom of my foot and as a former diabetic, I am naturally concerned. I have been told that I have to stay off my feet for a month or so, to see if it will heal. This means no active training in my classes. My Co-founder and instructor Master Smudge suggested that I do kata from a seated position. This I can do, but I will have to put a lot of my life on hold until things get better. There will naturally be a slight delay in the video I promised, but I have not forgotten it. I will make it happen as soon as I can. Please send positive thoughts my way to aid in my recovery. Until then,

May the Force be with you all.

Zhi-don Aquintas
    XO RL Sunrider Base
    Treasurer/Head Instructor
    Lightsaber training OCSWS

Just a note of Welcome and Well Wishes to New and Returning Masters!

It seems the Dark Side is strong as of late; Masters Mor-El and Zhi-don, I wish both of you speedy recoveries. I myself am grappling with the Dark, but not on a physical level. It seems, though I am of sound health, dark forces of Professional Impropriety are marshalling their ugly heads![!] One of my pet peeves is folks in the workplace espousing Honor and then spitting upon it in the same breath.[V] Alas, we must perservere. To that end...

...welcome, Master Erik! I'm sure I can speak for the others when I say we're looking forward to your future contributions!

You don't need to see any identification.

Well ya'll know I am not one for the eloquent words so I'll get to it.

Mor-El and Zhi-don I hope you fellas do well and get back to good health soon.

<center></center>

Masters, Thank your kind words and thoughts. The stone is made of Uric Acid and I take allopurinal to prevent the formations and keep my gout under control. These stones cannot be destroyed by lithotripsy, this is the soundwave technique. They must pass a fiberoptic scope up into the kidney and destroy the stone with a laser. I have had this done before and I won't go through it unless there we have run out of other options. It is slowing moving down and hopfully will vanish completely.

Master Zhi-Don, as a heeler might I pass along a suggestion? They sell small "doughnuts" made of moleskin in most pharacies and in Walmart. You should put on some tincture of benzoin to help the moleskin stick, this is also available at the aforementioned stores. You find one that is bigger than the ulcer on your foot and place it around the sore. Repeat this with a smaller doughnut, and add one more layer on top of that. That will keep all the pressure off of that ulcer. This will help it heal faster and reduce the pain of walking.

Master Naashar, is there anything I can do help?

"Destroy the Sith we must!"
    Master Yoda