Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Duel Action" Sound board

Default "Duel Action" Sound board

These Hasbro toy light sabers are brand new and just released. I bought one today to take apart and see if they are worth gutting for sound.

So far the news is mixed.

There is no Flash on clash "Feature".
    There is no Flash on start up "Feature".
    There is only one sound board not two as the box would lead you to believe.
    The board uses a single momentary switch to activate. Single push on single push off.

The sound is alright for a Hasbro board. Sounds really junky on the default speaker and a bit better with a TCSS premium speaker. It does sound a bit strange transitioning between the start-up sound and the idle humm gets quiet for a bit but then the humm starts.

The board does do a "Dim on Clash" tyupe thing where the voltage drops to about half when the clash sound triggers, it only does this once and only for about a second. It is not nearly as bad as the "Force Action" flash on clash that is on-off-on-off-on.

I took some cell phone ghetto pics of the disassembly process. Ill post them up later after I finish hooking it up to an LED for testing.

So far it is a mixed bag as to whether they are worth getting. Ill get more information out as I come across it.
    Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment. -Jim Horning

The beatings will continue until morale improves. -KMFDM "Free your hate"

Any chance of a video showing your experiments?

Not really set up for doing video at the moment.

But ill put up explanations as well as I can.
    Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment. -Jim Horning

does it have a motion sensor swing sound?

It does not have the standard "monkey head" motion sensor. It does do swing sounds though, i am not sure how it decides between a swing and a clash sound becauase i only see a clash sensor.

I think I will know more when I actualy get it into a saber hilt. I will post more when I have more time to mess with it.

thanks for the info i was thinking of buying this cause of that "sound from both sabers" but now that you tell me that there is no sound in the little one you just saved me 34.99 plus tax.
    ...YUP!

I work at target and just saw them on sale today. Plus you just answered my first question which was does the little one have a sound board too and it doesn't. but might get one anyway because i hate the flash on clash setup the the force action sabers have.
    "Art is never finished, merely abandoned." Da Vinci

did you get the jedi or sith? and who's lightsaber does it sound like? and how much was it? im finding them from $30-50... thanks!
    Last edited by Darth Cipher; 08-05-2009 at 07:18 PM.
    “What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

thanks for the heads up, please keep us posted if you find out anymore about them
    "The force alone is my ally, and it shall guide me to my destiny."

I just picked one of these up myself..30 bucks at Toys-R-Us..kinda a rip off really.

Sound is actually pretty nice, but for the price you'd think they could supply something with a ramp up effect and motion swing?

I really don't know why they have a motion sound on it all things considered when there is no motion sensing at all!

Contemplating returning it to the store...

Anyone else have one and getting normal motion sounds or...?
    Momma in law: If this printer keeps printing the same thing I'm going to spit nickles!

Me: if you start spitting nickles I'm coming over with a bucket!