Thread: Vader Conversion

Default Vader Conversion

I just purchased a Vader conv kit and was reading the tutorials. I noticed the tutorial shows the blade holder with a tab on and requires you to cut the plastic housing and notch it for the blade holder. My holder has no tab but it appears that I would just slide this into the plastic sleeve and secure it with the pins.

Does this sound correct to anyone? I couldn't find a post showing any new procedures.
    Any help will be welcomed as this is my first conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by 9lives View Post
    I just purchased a Vader conv kit and was reading the tutorials. I noticed the tutorial shows the blade holder with a tab on and requires you to cut the plastic housing and notch it for the blade holder. My holder has no tab but it appears that I would just slide this into the plastic sleeve and secure it with the pins.

Does this sound correct to anyone? I couldn't find a post showing any new procedures.
    Any help will be welcomed as this is my first conversion.
    That sounds about right...Tim recently redesigned all of the conversion kits, and that particular topic is now a bit out of date, but the assembly steps should be about the same. Looking at the tutorial, and the blade holder pics in the store, it does look like it should work without the notches. It looks like the blade holder will simply sit flush against the plastic housing and then you'd simply secure them with some packaging tape.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Jay is correct. Cut the plastic tabs and the metal BH sits flush with the sound module. Secure it with 2 small pieces of scotch (or thin packing) tape and slide it all right in. easy peasy.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Thanks!!
    That was the only part that was confusing me. The rest will be a piece of cake.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

The tutorials are being updated. I just put up a new Vader ESB one.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

p.s. thank you for that. very helpful.