Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: stunt blades

Default stunt blades

Are there any stunt blades in the custom saber shop? And if you can use carbon fiber as the blade, can you modify it to be used as a blade on any hilt in tcss?

A regular PolyC balde from them store will work fine for stunts and movie making, and is much cheaper then Carbon fiber rods.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Carbon fiber blades are really nice, if you've never used one, though. They feel like they weigh almost nothing and they are very fast, if you're going to be dueling with them. Some friends of mine have some, so I've gotten to try them.

The ones I know of are made for a 3/4" blade holder, so you could get this reducer and a longer blade retention screw to use it in an MHS blade holder.

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Search.aspx?k=reducer
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

I guess if your going to be going realy fast and doing alot of dualing then go carbon fiber, but if your using a less paced speed than PolyC is fine. Both work great.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

How well do the battle blades hold up in dueling and movie making? can they take a pretty good wack or should I look into something a little more thicker?

I've heard that the battle blades can take about as hard a swing as you could do.. but I havent got mine yet so I cant speak from experience.

Thin walled blades are great, have you seen Novastars Bop series he used thin walled blades and they each when through thousands of hits and only one or two broke. Thick walled blades are heavier and can take an even harder beating than the thin walled blades.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The Battle Blades have a 1/8" thick wall, they are very strong, I've been using those for years.

I'm not aware of any thicker walled 1" diameter polycarbonate tubing in existence.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Ok cool. I think i'll stick with that until something else comes along. Thanks.