Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: El colors/brightness

<font color="green"><font face="Andale Mono">Is the EL wire you buy for 48 cents a foot the stuff that lights up? I'm kinda stupid.</font id="Andale Mono"></font id="green">
    <font size="6"></font id="size6">

I am confused about EL blades. I want a yellow lightsaber, but how do I make one? Can anyone give me instructions?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Hi! Welcome to the TCSS. You may benefit from reading the Intro to begginers on the front page of the site. The FAQ and Thread Index in my signature might help too.[] There are also tutorials found in the forums if you scroll down. All you need is here just search.[]

The 48cent per foot tubing is the diffuser material. It hides the EL wire which is what makes it glow (that's the $1.40 per foot stuff).

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

I'm gonna have my saber running on 18 volts, and I was wondering if I should get Blue or Aqua EL wire. THanks.

I am 1/3 High School student and 2/3 SITH LORD.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Which color do you like more? Aqua runs brighter... otherwise pick which color you like.

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

Just keep in mind that at 18 volts you give up a lot of lifespan for a minimal increase in brightness. A TCSS inverter with a 8AA or AAA pack is really tough to beat since the whole shebang is optimized at 12 volts.

<center></center>

james is right my saber chews up 9v batteries like candy and that is 6 bucks a shot go witth a 12volt system for brightness if ya can

<center>
    "Many claim to have found serenity, and through serenity to have overcome anger. Such arrogance is astounding."</center>