Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: El colors/brightness

What do you mean by thiker blade? Anyway they could have used the pading crap that they use in the newer sabers to prtect the LEDs. I'll take mine apart(carefully) and see how it's put together.

Is that your lightsaber or are you happy to see me?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Protein5000

Also, how did MR make such a think EL blade? What's in it, and why can't we do it?

Less talk, more action........
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Do you mean thicker? They used EL sheet I believe. That's what Parks does. It's a pain to get straight, sources are limited, not good for dueling, etc... not very good stuff.

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

I actually had a thought of using EL sheet in a saber. I personally would use a 3/4" or 1" blade for the outer part, then a diffuser inside, and then the EL Sheet, then another, smaller OD polycarbonate tube inside the whole lot. My only problem with that is finding an inverter that is small enough to fit in the hilt without having to reinvent the wheel. I personally would think it'd work well.

Ahuh, I see. I meant that it looks like a 1" blade, and most standard EL blades are 3/4". I wasn't aware that they used the film.

When I saw the Anakin AOTC and found it to be EL, I thought "why couldn't it be used for dueling", but evidently it's no good.

I got the Anakin AOTC saber when it came out and my brother has dualed like crazy with no problem, I keep tellin' him to whoa up and get something else but it still looks as good as new as you can see from my son's b-day party this past Dec. I can promise you that it holds up better than the led chains on the new one's. (I picked up the Vader and Anakin EP III that morning)

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Protein5000

Ahuh, I see. I meant that it looks like a 1" blade, and most standard EL blades are 3/4". I wasn't aware that they used the film.

When I saw the Anakin AOTC and found it to be EL, I thought "why couldn't it be used for dueling", but evidently it's no good.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Well I guess it depends on how hard you duel but EL sheet has a pension for having gaps at the edges when you duel too much. That's why parks offers extra blades.[] It starts to curl at the edge and look ugly.

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

I know it's old but I don't remember doing a side by side with the same color so here goes:

the EL is running on 12 volts and I am going to do a 18 volt here in a bit so we can see if there is any difference.

<center></center>

Nice pic, even thought the led over powers the el, the el still looks good[8D]

Do-Clo
    Brotherhood of the Sith

Don't make me destroy you...

nice yeah 18volt is bright mine is about as bright as a mr unconverted

<center>
    "Many claim to have found serenity, and through serenity to have overcome anger. Such arrogance is astounding."</center>

nice comparison,

I think the El looks pretty equal overall. Its only the first 3 to 4 inches of the LEd blade that really stands out. And what stands out appears more white than it does green

2 cents

http://home.insightbb.com/~jedijohns...ome.html-.html