Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: El colors/brightness

actually, that's kind of what I meant - can you do 4khz on 18v? or has no one tried it yet?

I just finished rewiring my 4Khz saber to 18 volts and it is bright!!!
    Not as bright as my Luxeon but bright enough to be seen in daylight. I will post a picture soon.

If you ask me I think the EL is brighter in your picture Jedi-Dad.

Those who live by the sword, will die by the sword

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

And that's deceptive to compare different colors. Green is one of the colors our eyes are more sensitive to and the brightest of all EL. Compare a green EL to a green LED or Red EL to Red LED and you have an accurate picture. I'd also compare the glow the LED is putting out compared to the EL.

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

My only LED saber is red. I am planning on building a green one soon. The EL at 18v is brighter at the tip they are about the same in the middle and the LED is brighter at the base. I would expect similar results with the Green LED. The LED is a pure light source no matter what the color the most pure light EL would be the aqua and the lime. When I have my green LED I will post a new picture.

It IS deceptive to compare different colours of EL vs a different colour of LED. I was just saying that in jedidad's picture his el happens to be brighter than his LED. The colour probably has alot to do with that. I personally prefer EL ove LED anyway, LED looks like the old star wars comics while the EL is closer to the movies (ep 4,5,and 6 at least)

Those who live by the sword, will die by the sword

but led looks like the movie poster. i like that glow just outside the hilt. look at the red/orange led pics i posted in the pics section. someone said it looks like a comet streaking thru the air. its bright enought to light up me holding the saber too. theres a couple shots where i am holding it, you see me.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

I have an old anakin AOTC fx saber that is el, is ther some way to make it brighter w/o completely tearing it apart(it's kinda rare)?
    thanks

Is that your lightsaber or are you happy to see me?

Also, how did MR make such a think EL blade? What's in it, and why can't we do it?

Less talk, more action........