Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: El colors/brightness

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Lime is the brightest and white is not the darkest..red is

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xwingband

Yup, white will be the least brightest of any EL because there are so many coatings on it to get it to glow white that it's brightness is very low.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
    <font size="3"><font color="purple">
    I don't know what you mean by "coatings". The sheathing for the white HB wire is completely clear. The doping material is mixed in with the phosphorus, there are no "coatings". Have you ever seen a piece of it?

The first time I ordered some, I thought they sent me the wrong thing. [:0] I had some of the regular white and it looked kind of silvery when not lit. The HB looks kind of pink when it's not lit.</font id="purple"></font id="size3">

In order to see the Light, you must sometimes risk the Dark.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Nope, I've never seen white EL but it's just bad word choice. I remember that they have to add lots of some chemical to make it white. Is treatments to the wire perhaps a better wording?

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

I have a question for people who bought a Park Saber and at the same time own a Custom Saber Shop's el blue blade.

Is the Custom Saber's EL blue blade are the same like the Park Saber's blue blade or it is the same like the aqua blade?

Is there a big difference of the blue blade and the aqua blade?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Strydur

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

<font size="3"><font face="Verdana"><font color="purple">I guess lime is the brightest because the sheathing sort of makes it almost fluoresce.

I have a blue Parks blade. It looks more like the Aqua EL wire blades.

In my newer Fusion saber it looks bluer, but in my older M2, it looks more greenish blue, more a true aqua. Aqua EL color is more determined by the output frequency of the inverter.

If you look at the blade page in the Store, you can see the difference between the blue and the aqua for yourself.</font id="purple"></font id="Verdana"></font id="size3"> []

Oh, hey, Jedi Loreen. I know you from the Jedi Council boards. Hey ho!

</most pointless post ever>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Jedi-Loreen

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Strydur

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

<font size="3"><font face="Verdana"><font color="purple">I guess lime is the brightest because the sheathing sort of makes it almost fluoresce.

I have a blue Parks blade. It looks more like the Aqua EL wire blades.

In my newer Fusion saber it looks bluer, but in my older M2, it looks more greenish blue, more a true aqua. Aqua EL color is more determined by the output frequency of the inverter.

If you look at the blade page in the Store, you can see the difference between the blue and the aqua for yourself.</font id="purple"></font id="Verdana"></font id="size3"> []

Thanks for the reply Jedi-Loreen. This could be a good respond about the blades. Well, I plan to get a blue blade, so thanks.

Does anyone have pics of an EL lightsaber running at 18v? Also, Tim, on your gallery page with the pics of two lightsabers the same color together, is that a comparison between LED and EL? Thanks for your help. I'm still trying to decide which blade I want.

Ok, I'm new here, and joined the force.net a little while back. can you really run the inverter off 18v? Would you have to worry about overheating, or would it just make your blade brighter?

-Luke

Depends on the inverter. Tim's inverters rarely overheat, they just get kinda warm. And it would make it brighter, but according to GeluKhanGharr the brightest blade comes from a 12v power supply and a 4khz inverter.