Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: in a bit of a dilema...

Default in a bit of a dilema...

ok so in 2 months the new Hasbro Obi TPM and Dooku ROTS come out. and i am thinking of selling my MR luke ANH on craigslist ( cant due ebay), so i can get the money to get the Obi-wan. but the more i think about it the more i hesitate. i mean its my first Fx lightsaber so i have grow'n attached to it.

so here's my question to you all:

Sell the Luke and get the Obi?

OR!

keep the luke?
    ABANDON ALL HOPE, YE WHO ENTER HERE!
    Canto III of Dante's Inferno

Beware the Power of The Pope!

Well considering that the ANH Luke was only made by MR and is outa production, I would keep it and save up for the new Obi and Dooku.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

hasbro made it as well. and what i hear its actually better.

I stand corrected, then it's up to you how you want to handle the situation.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

i could always get another one. so i gusse i will probably part with it. mabey.lol

you have 2 months to save about $100-$120, I don't know your financial situation, but that is about $15 (for just one saber)a week, plus you would be able to keep you luke.

personally, I can assume thgat the dooku would be plastic and cheap, and large. The reason being is that it is a curved hilt, and it would be difficult to make a curvature out of metal. Idk if that is accurate or not, but if i is, do you want a plastic hilt?
    Prepare for major PWNage.

If you need any help with anything, whatsoever, click here. This should help you.

Definition of n00b- Here.

$tarkiller, that's a good point.
    I personally wouldn't sell my ANH Luke (it was my first saber as welll). Besides, craigslist will get you very little. I'm guessing $50-$60 at most. I think that at that point, it'd be better just to save up a little more cash for the Dooku and keep the Luke.

I mean, hey, the ANH Luke saber is the "original" lightsaber prop. That in itself is pretty great.
    TCSS Red Squadron - The most kickawesome fighting force in the Galaxy.

Which Blue Luxeon is movie-accurate? Find out here.

Personally, I would wait until the reviews of both sabers came out before even thinking of parting with you Luke ANH. Something tells me that your Luke ANH is gonna have more metal on it that BOTH the obi and Dooku combined.....ok that may have been an exaggeration, but you get the picture. Ive seen pics of the dooku at comic con, and that looks like a ton of chromed plastic like the emitter on the anakin ROTS. Though again, thats just my $0.02.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
    Personally, I would wait until the reviews of both sabers came out before even thinking of parting with you Luke ANH. Something tells me that your Luke ANH is gonna have more metal on it that BOTH the obi and Dooku combined.....ok that may have been an exaggeration, but you get the picture. Ive seen pics of the dooku at comic con, and that looks like a ton of chromed plastic like the emitter on the anakin ROTS. Though again, thats just my $0.02.
    My Anakin ROTS has no plastic on the hilt except for the brass colored buttons. Maybe it's he Anakin AOTC you're thinking of? At any rate, nightwing is als correct, it will be hard to sell a saber on craigslist, because it wouldnt be in that high of a demand. I second the motion to keep the luke and save for the doku/obi.
    Prepare for major PWNage.

If you need any help with anything, whatsoever, click here. This should help you.

Definition of n00b- Here.