Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: How to remove powder coating

FYI,
    User Be Ware: when handling and applying Gasket Removers for removing powder coating and paints.
    What most people do not know, without actually reviewing the Material Safety Data Sheets or the Hazards Section on the can, is that this Gasket Remover is made up primarily from a chlorinated solvent called DICHLOROMETHANE, which is suspected to cause cancer in laboratory animals as well as being toxic to human vital organs, by breathing the volatile vapors during use. Past paint stripping technologies were based on this same chlorinated solvent, synonymously called Methylene Chloride. This is a chemical that I personally would stay away from utilizing to remove paint and powder coating, with all the safer alternatives available today.
    There is good news, www.MilesChemicalSolutions.com, provide a variety of eco-friendly: Green type stripping solutions for stripping paint, varnish removers and powder coating removers from metal parts. do not use on automotive ABS-type plastic parts, may melt away with the coating. The MILES #8612 is my preferred Non-Hazardous, eco-friendly powder coating remover.

Use MILES #8612 at room temperature overnight to remove 2-4 mils of cured conventional TGIC powder coating from hooks, racks and parts. For faster stripping, in less than an hour, You will need to set up a heated immersion tank, it may be fabricated of mild steel or stainless steel. For small jobbers: Utilize an open head steel drum with an electric exterior-drum heater to reach 165F. Strip cured coatings from parts, hooks and fixtures daily. MILES #8612 is non-hazardous, eco-friendly, effective, safe, and won't burn the skin. It can be reused for up to 1-year and requires no mixing or water, just use as received and return your valuable parts to original pre-paint surface condition, then re-coat for a perfect part!
    Here is how you can order MILES #8612 it is $34.85/gallon in 1-gallon samples or 5-gallon pails or $24.85/gallon in 55-gallon drums for custom powder coating shops. I hope this will help your future powder coating removal projects!
    Order online, Secure order form at: http://www.mileschemicalsolutions.co...order_form.htm

thanks for the info...

its nice of you to come here and (as your first & only post), plug your own website for 'products'..

(tsk tsk tsk)... this is someone else's bread & butter.. so coming here to promote you own site is a bit....well.... cheeky!

Anyways.. Aircraft stripper works good in need local purchase..

or just order from Eastwood a pc dissolver, which you can keep re-using.

Jedi Padawan
    Jedi Padawan

And a Necropost to boot!

Knowledge must be balanced by Practice.
    Practice must be balanced by Experience.
    Through Knowledge, Practice, and Experience
    we gain Wisdom.

-Boj-Vaati Mau
    Jedi Sentinel, Jar'Kai practitioner,
    and Instctor at Strafe Plains Temple

Saber Guild: Strafe Plains Temple
    The Rebel Legion

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Everything will kill those California lab rats, too much sun, too much sugar, air etc. It doesn't matter.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

I'm pretty sure samuelmiles post is intended to be spam and not something posted to help us. It was probably posted by a spambot.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Hence why I was resisting the urge to comment on it, and instead waiting for a mod to delete the post..

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man how to build a lightsaber and he will forever feast on tauntaun carcasses and aqualish arms. TimeRender
    Jesus pogostick what kind of Rodian clusterbomb is this? DD
    TCSS: It's all my favorite people I've never met, all in one place

which is why I posted as such...

first and only post.. on that? lol.. for sure spam.

Good to know. Thanks a lot although it'll be tough to find this product in france