Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 1st MHS Saber

Thanks all.

I did some more experimenting today and wired up the soundboard from a Clone Wars Anakin saber.

My main complaints with that are the motion/strike sensors.

The motion sensor is too sensitive (goes off constantly with little movement of the saber) but also doesnt trigger with normal back and forth motions.

The strike sensor doesnt seem to fire off very reliably but thats no big deal.

I do plan to do some painting and possibly even some sort of shroud using a sink pipe. I havent quite decided on that stuff yet.

Oh very nice. We finally get to see that blade holder on a saber

Maverick
    New people, read here first. It will answer a lot of your questions ->http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=6430

Default Use Flux.

Jtzako, try using flux on your wires. It is an extra step, but, it lowers the melting point of the solder and helps it flow better. Just dip the wire ends in the flux and solder together. It doesn't take much. This works great for tinning wires and final soldering as well.
    Yoda always said there would be days like this.

simple and sleek. looks great man!
    ABANDON ALL HOPE, YE WHO ENTER HERE!
    Canto III of Dante's Inferno

Beware the Power of The Pope!

I always have trouble soldering the wires to the LED pads. I learned a trick from someone out here in feeding the wire through the metal part above the pad and soldering at that point for a solid connection. Pardon the lack of a more useful description on that one.

I have done some painting and here is the results. It is primer and a few layers of satin black and a few layers of clear coat. I may sand off the paint on the grip so just the grooves are black. I havent decided yet.

personally, would like the hilt if the pant were sanded of so thatthe grooves were black.
    Prepare for major PWNage.

If you need any help with anything, whatsoever, click here. This should help you.

Definition of n00b- Here.

Nice, but I do agree with $k , sand off the black on the grip section.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by jtzako View Post
    I was afraid to damage the led as well.
    i melted a small bit of the clear bouble on my LUXIII with my soldering iorn and it still works

my advice is calm when i did it i was sooo shakey

nice saber i like the blade holder alot more after seeing it on your saber

good job over all

"You are a Jedi who never knew what life was until it ran out in a big gush over your lips."

<ARKM> "May you come to the attention of those in authority"

I have sanded the grip, but not polished it yet since I do not have the appropriate materials. Here are the results so far. (all the ribs are actually glossy black but I guess the flash messed that up a bit)