Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gotham Knight saber parts list

Gotham City with a saber on my utility belt

Quote Originally Posted by galen marek View Post
    gothamknights design is best suited as a batman saber in my opinion. fender has a killin sith deign though.

i think it would be kewl to make the forked section sort of into the bat ears from the bat symbol, that would look pretty effective.
    and maybe you could make a little bat symbol shape so that when the blade isnt attached, just pop on your little bat symbol and project it on walls 'n stuffs, would be a nice little unique doodad.
    The bat-ears is definitely a good idea. I'm still working out the final measurements anyway and incorporating the vader switch box....i think i much just throw that in there. I REALLY want to do a batsymbol somewhere as well but unfortunately, i dont think i'll be able to get all that precise with the cheap Black and Decker rotary tool i have.

gthmnyt = Gotham Knight

Default Gotham knight saber v2

with galen suggestion....i've redesigned the shroud to make it look a bit more Batman-esqe....i also included the vader switch assembly since i will be using that particular board....i'm still working out how i can project the batsymbol when the blade isnt attached...i have a few Batman flashlights that projected the symbol that i can try and take a part...we'll see....hopefully this sucker will built up in the next week or two.

Last edited by gthmnyt2580; 08-13-2009 at 08:44 AM. Reason: pic should work now

gthmnyt = Gotham Knight

Yay! i helped! good luck gettin all the stuff you need, and i know how you feel about the tools, i just found out that i have to spend another 20$ on a cutting part for my dremel

-Drew

TCSS Resident Annoyance
    NOOBS: Don't be annoying, thats my job, GO HERE

Hey there gthmnyt2580,

Amazing design, I can't wait to see it finished!

So I had to ask, what software do you use to create your concept images? They are really good.

Tryp

Quote Originally Posted by TrypWyr View Post
    Hey there gthmnyt2580,

Amazing design, I can't wait to see it finished!

So I had to ask, what software do you use to create your concept images? They are really good.

Tryp
    Thanks Tryp. I finished it a few weeks ago. You can see it here:

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=8814

As per the program, I use Adobe Illustrator.

gthmnyt = Gotham Knight

Gotham knight, I love your designs... they are wicked sweet...
    Fenderbender, your Dark Knight saber looks awesome.

and as per the discussion on blade color for the saber, yeah blue would work, but Batman was supposed to inspire fear, and no color does that better than the blazing red blade.
    Last edited by Raith; 09-27-2009 at 04:06 PM.