Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lightscourge...?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I don't even know why this thread is in this section.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Default fiber optic lighting

you should look into fiber optic lighting.

Here is a schematic.

also an example of what it might look like.... as you can see its pretty flexible

and here is the website that i did my research on.

http://www.fiberopticproducts.com/
    Last edited by Master Schyler; 07-23-2009 at 12:37 PM.
    "Tactic: When no other options present themselves, shoot everything in sight." - Face Loran, Iron Fist

"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a ****. None shall pass!"
    -Ganner Rhysode to the Yuuzahn Vong Army

This does need moving, and I think it's a bad idea.

It'll be cool to look at, but if you take it to a convention, someone WILL get too close and get hit, no matter how good your intentions are when using it in a crowd....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnY_HUqTgiA
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

I have faced a 'lightwhip' at one of the big burning man saber fights and I can attest that they are dangerous and really really painful!

EL Wire is a nasty material when traveling at those speeds. A great deal of care should be exorcised when using such a thing.

You would wonder if it would even be allowed at a convention.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

LOL... wow, ok no... when i said "plan on hitting people with it... i meant like deuling with it, scourges are very useful at grabing round objects, like lightsabers.

And Thanks for some of the hints!! i have been looking into it, and becuase of J-lo's advice i do have a peice of EL wire that i have been playing with... and yeah, it hurts... alot.... i'm thinking of putting some sort of soft ball at the end...

And feel free to move this post if necessary! i was un-sure when i posted it if this was the right spot... So yeah... Move away, moderator!!

Grey Leader:Standing By.

Recruiting now. Contact me for Emblem.

DONATE YOUR LIGHTSABER TO THE FIGHT AGAINST AUTISM!!! ASK ME HOW!!

While on the subject of "whip-like" weapons, I hope everyone understands that the reason a bullwhip makes that "cracking" sound... is that the very tiniest portion of the end of the whip... breaks the sound barrier when it's used properly. They are certainly the first man-made tool that ever broke such a barrier. YES, it's true. Look it up if you like, and if someone/something tells you otherwise... it's just plain incorrect.

Now... this does NOT refer to certain "stage whips" that are made specially to "crack" with a small and simple flick of the wrist. Those are meant to make the noise without much effort nor a ton of danger.

So... all that being said--yes... whip-like weapons can be powerful melee weapons. They are EXTREMELY dangerous, and I simply want everyone to exercise GREAT CAUTION when using anything even AKIN to a "real whip".

It's rare to effect any permanent damage to someone with them... but you CAN break the skin if it's a true whip... and if you get hit in vital areas (throat, eyes, mouth, genitals)... you're in some serious trouble.

//end slight thread de-railment
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Well being an Indy fan and costumer myself, and seeing as I own several real whips, yes I can attest to the fact that they can be EXTREMELY dangerous. Anything moving faster than the speed of sound hitting you will do damage. It will break bone, cut through clothing, and can slice skin open like a razor. Novastar is correct. You must exercise great caution!
    Follow Your Bliss

O_O

Wow... your right, but hopefully as the 2ft length well wrapped cords will using 9 lenths of 2ft wire... i;m still drawing out the wiring diagram!!!

Grey Leader:Standing By.

Recruiting now. Contact me for Emblem.

DONATE YOUR LIGHTSABER TO THE FIGHT AGAINST AUTISM!!! ASK ME HOW!!

I still see cuts and/or lost eyes.....
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?