Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Force FX Construction Set to LedEngin RGBA, 15-color configuration with Corbin driver

So what exactly did the 5V Reed Relay do? I understand basics but didn't catch why that was in the first diagram.

How does RGB compare to RGBW & RGBA in color possibilities? RGB should technically be able to create all the colors.
    Last edited by Jangotat; 05-14-2011 at 12:58 PM.

Looks like you have a lot of reading to do. Use the search function. More info on multi color leds can be found at the FX Sabers forum.

Not so helpful anyone feeling nice enough to give a better answer?

this is a DIY hobby ...you need to read more before asking questions that you can find the answers to for yourself

Use the search function and search RGGB and you will come accross multiple threads on RGB sabers and discussions

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen
    Much to learn you have, Padawan.

Teach you everything, we cannot. Learn on your own as well, you must. More reading, must you also do.
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...earchid=186749

Dude, if you're going to quote me, or anyone, give them credit. I edited your post to reflect this.
    Last edited by Jedi-Loreen; 05-15-2011 at 01:08 PM.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

Jangotat, a piece of advice - the TIP42 transistor is what is used these days for similar applications, so there you will find more information than anyone cares to even think about.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Just want to say a huge thank you to Master Thorn for posting this thread. On the one hand I must have shared the link to this page with FX members half a dozen times in the last year. On the other I've been getting everything I need to attempt it myself & all I'm missing is the resistors. It'll be going into my Frankensaber (half MR Luke ANH & half MHS with a custom conversion kit I designed myself ) just as soon as I can get the Mara style grip & a pommel sorted out.

So I realize this is a dangerous question but, Matt do you turn your saber off before switching colors? Normally one inserts a kill key, but with a latching switch you could just turn it off(yes?). Can you change this one while on like a Makototsai or would that just create magic smoke?! Thanks, great tutorial!

Quote Originally Posted by Jangotat View Post
    So I realize this is a dangerous question but, Matt do you turn your saber off before switching colors? Normally one inserts a kill key, but with a latching switch you could just turn it off(yes?). Can you change this one while on like a Makototsai or would that just create magic smoke?! Thanks, great tutorial!
    I changed it many times with the saber on. No problems at all. It's now in someone else's hands, so I don't know how it's fared since, but I haven't gotten any complaints, and I can't think of any reason it would be a potential problem.
    There's always a bigger fish.

Thanks for the response Matt.

So I hadn't thought about it before, but as I was looking to order parts, I found a question.
    What settings did you get for your Corbin Driver? 1000ma latching?

I believe mrfx switches to be latching. (yes?) Also the ledengin RGBA is to be rated for 1000ma constant current 1500ma peak. So when using multiple dies, the current would be divided between them, ? So all colors were about the same brightness, right? Was red alone about the same brightness as red and amber together?

Thanks for sharing your work. It's inspiring, hope to try with dead construction set soon.
    Last edited by Jangotat; 06-20-2011 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Clarity

I have a question too. In the diagram in the first post which number legs on the relay did you use or does it matter?