Thread: Force FX Construction Set to LedEngin RGBA, 15-color configuration with Corbin driver

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'd like to keep using the original RGB function so i was wondering if i could use the RGB Luxeon Tri-Rebel Star ( http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Lu...Star-P777.aspx ) to keep the basic set up of the mr force fx lightsaber without ruining the sound board? Or would a single led work better cause then i could get colored disks to change the color?
    not interested in flash on clash or anything just want to keep the original sound.

thanks a bunch for any help and for this tutorial!

I don't believe the board will be able to power a Tri-Rebel Star. It was designed for a much weaker RGB. But you might be able to use Plecter Labs' Power three Xtenders with resistors and power them directly from the battery pack. But--and I hate to put too fine a point on it--I really cannot recommend this conversion. When I started this thread, our options for sound boards were extremely limited, and the Construction Set was tempting because of the low price. The hilts you can make with the Construction Set are not the handsomest out there, but even if you like like original concept, it would so much easier to put a Petit Crouton 3.0 in there, find a spot for the Rice Port, and WHAM you have precise control over color, the ability to change sound fonts at will...and you don't have to worry about jumping through all the hoops that I and others jumped through when this thread was originally active.
    There's always a bigger fish.