Thread: Help with a hardware saber...

Default Help with a hardware saber...

I had plans to build a hardware saber. Would a place like Ace Hardware have parts that resemble lightsaber parts? Thanks for the help. Also, what size should the pipe be for the main body to fit the leds and etc? I was going to try and go out this week to get some hardware parts for a lightsaber. What do you all think about that idea?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I think you need to read more about sink tube sabers, that's what I think.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

You need to read...a lot. These types of questions show that you are not helping yourself, which you need to start doing.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Check out the sabers in my sig. They are hardware sabers.

Go to Big Yellow Box and Saber Craft. Thats where I leanred what I know.

Force Aware

sink tubes mannnnn. A 1.25" sink tube and blade holder from the shop is all you need to start a hardware saber.Then, you can just walk around with it and see what you may want to add to it. From my understanding, you just have to cut, glue, screw, paint, sand, cook, and weather your way to glory, based on what you think you'd like it to look like. Electronics-wise, just keep in mind that you probably don't want bolts sticking through the hilt where your battery pack, switch, etc. will be. xD>

Now ya see here son, this is what we call a dead thread, it died as no one was interested or no one had info for it, or the author found the info and decided to let the thread die.

So we buried it, gave it a funeral and let it lie in peace.

Now what ya have done here is Necrothreaded it back into the living realm, disturbing its grave and its peace! Why boy, why? The poor thread has suffered enough! Let it rest!!