Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A few bumps but over all a good time. My first Saber.

Quote Originally Posted by cardcollector View Post
    You are the example for all Noobs to follow!!!!

Great use of the fluted section. Anymore builds planned???

Yes in fact I have several planned. Ive been drawing lightsabers for years and now I have a way to bring them right off the page into reality!

Quote Originally Posted by Barmic Rin View Post
    Not usually a fan of 'Masters' or 'Darths', but thankfully you're one of the exceptions that has read & learned to built a basic, but functional saber!

Good job!!

Also, i'm using that combo of Bladeholder & Fluted section in a future build, so a real fan of your set up
    LOL Yeah not exactly a humble choice when I went with "Master" and I did see in one of your posts that you said "Remember, adding Master or Darth in front of your name does not make you cool!" At first I Laughed then I remembered what I chose for my name.

My name was actually the character I was going to be playing in the fan film that I wrote back in high school for my Video production class but I couldnt get my friends to help me so I had to figure out what to do instead for my final. lol

Thanks everyone I appreciate all the feedback. I havent exactly been getting positive feedback from most of the people see from day to day. They are all very disinterested for the most part.
    "Tactic: When no other options present themselves, shoot everything in sight." - Face Loran, Iron Fist

"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a ****. None shall pass!"
    -Ganner Rhysode to the Yuuzahn Vong Army

Wonderful first saber, might I suggest adding a choke, it just seems uncomplete to me without one.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

I'd swap out the switch with a red one and use one of these bezel nuts it'll add a dash of color to the saber and look better than the rubber boots or the naked plastic nut.

Thanks, I will take those suggestions under consideration.
    "Tactic: When no other options present themselves, shoot everything in sight." - Face Loran, Iron Fist

"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a ****. None shall pass!"

Even in its most basic form your saber reminds me alot of the Mace. It does come across rather attractive.

Very nice first saber. Great job

Also great job for doing your research first; a lot of people don't do that. And flamethrower fuel is expensive

Maverick
    New people, read here first. It will answer a lot of your questions ->http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=6430

Ha! lol i know. Im not a fan of disintegration so i thought id do research.

easy way out right? lol
    Last edited by Master Schyler; 07-21-2009 at 11:29 PM.

very nice indeed. If you want to make that switch not look so tall or if you want something similar to the guarded switch you can buy this switch bezel nut from the store, take out the switch and run the plastic nut all the way down and cut it at an angle on each side to go inside the hilt (to take up some height) and then put the bezel on the outside. I did that to my first MHS a while back. here is a pic of how it looks.

Not saying it doesn't look fine now because it does. I just mention it because you first bought a guarded switch and figured you wanted a lower profile switch.

Thumbs up

that saber is a great, and it is more manageable to tackle as your first saber than mine is lol. i am still working on my first saber and it has been very tedious and complicated, so as soon as it is done ( which is soon) i am going to make one that is more simple and elegant like yours.

keep up the cool builds
    So let it be written, So let it be done.

Very simple, but yet very elegant. Idl why, but I really like the fact that you used only 3 parts, and looks great!
    Prepare for major PWNage.

If you need any help with anything, whatsoever, click here. This should help you.

Definition of n00b- Here.