I stumbled upon this site a few weeks ago and immediately started reading the forums. Within a week I managed to talk my wife into letting me buy the parts for one for our 1 year wedding anniversary. Two weeks later, these parts arrived and I immediately set to work.

I did come across a few bumps in the road. My first few snags were because I didn't have the right tools but after a quick trip to the hardware store I resolved that. My next really big issue was with the lens holder. I had a 5 degree lens and it would not fit in the lens holder. After searching the forums I discovered that others have had a similar problem. It seems I must have received the incorrect lens holder? In any event I tried following the suggestions from the forums and ended up not getting any of the suggestions to work. So I just sanded down the side tabs completely and created two empty columns in their place. After that was finished I injected some hot glue into the sides and ended up with this.

The next issue I had was with the switch. I ordered a guarded hilt and a guarded switch. However I accidentally ordered a MOMENTARY guarded switch and ended up not liking the momentary-ness of the switch at all. So I stuck with the basic on/off switch and used the washer from the momentary switch to help fill the hole and keep the basic switch in place.

Finally I got it all wired up!

Well enough talk, here is my first saber... what do you think?

Cant wait to make my next one!