Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A few bumps but over all a good time. My first Saber.

Talking A few bumps but over all a good time. My first Saber.

I stumbled upon this site a few weeks ago and immediately started reading the forums. Within a week I managed to talk my wife into letting me buy the parts for one for our 1 year wedding anniversary. Two weeks later, these parts arrived and I immediately set to work.

I did come across a few bumps in the road. My first few snags were because I didn't have the right tools but after a quick trip to the hardware store I resolved that. My next really big issue was with the lens holder. I had a 5 degree lens and it would not fit in the lens holder. After searching the forums I discovered that others have had a similar problem. It seems I must have received the incorrect lens holder? In any event I tried following the suggestions from the forums and ended up not getting any of the suggestions to work. So I just sanded down the side tabs completely and created two empty columns in their place. After that was finished I injected some hot glue into the sides and ended up with this.

The next issue I had was with the switch. I ordered a guarded hilt and a guarded switch. However I accidentally ordered a MOMENTARY guarded switch and ended up not liking the momentary-ness of the switch at all. So I stuck with the basic on/off switch and used the washer from the momentary switch to help fill the hole and keep the basic switch in place.

Finally I got it all wired up!

Well enough talk, here is my first saber... what do you think?

Cant wait to make my next one!
    "Tactic: When no other options present themselves, shoot everything in sight." - Face Loran, Iron Fist

"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a ****. None shall pass!"
    -Ganner Rhysode to the Yuuzahn Vong Army

Very nice, very nice indeed, you did what most newer members don't do and that is , start with the basics for your 1st and work your way up. I really like the emitter, it is my FAV.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

Thanks! Yeah that emitter is one of my favorites too! It reminds me of Mace Windu's.
    "Tactic: When no other options present themselves, shoot everything in sight." - Face Loran, Iron Fist

"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a ****. None shall pass!"
    -Ganner Rhysode to the Yuuzahn Vong Army

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Excellent! You found, you read, you built, you posted...perfect synthesis!
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You are the example for all Noobs to follow!!!!

Great use of the fluted section. Anymore builds planned???
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Nice work! Welcome to the saber builders world!
    Cheers!
    Lonewind

Good job Master Schyler. It looks very clean and elegant.

----------------------------------------------------

You've taken your first step into a larger world.

- Obi-wan Kenobi

Not usually a fan of 'Masters' or 'Darths', but thankfully you're one of the exceptions that has read & learned to built a basic, but functional saber!

Good job!!

Also, i'm using that combo of Bladeholder & Fluted section in a future build, so a real fan of your set up
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Nice first saber. Great job.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Nice work Shyler!!! You really made an awesome first saber!!!

(O_O)>o====7--------------------
    Join the dark side!
    ................When they're sleeping, take the browies and cookies and the IMAX TV and run!!!!!!!!!!!!