Thread: Project insanity redux

Default Project insanity redux

Hey there, thought I would put this up to document what I am working on.

This is what the saber was. CF 2.63 blah blah blah

I have sence sold off and traded a coupel things and I got a BHs18 comming and I got a pommel 4, I am reusing my hilt section and making use of a v1 gender changer I have.

I will use it till it lets go and replace as needed, I need to get a 3" F DF and some shroud tubing and do some designing.

I have a couple ideas for a shroud design and I am thinking about just doing some rings, But whatever I do I need the switch area to be covered as best as I can. Switch area is where the control box was so I got some ugly to cover up.

Sound board TBD(history on it, dont want to go into it).
    4.8V 2600mah battery pack
    I will eather reuse my orange led or use my LIII Cyan bin 2
    I have a momentary AV switch that I got from conner/NCKfisto a while back thats short and will use it. I just wish the switch has a stiffer feel to it.

I would like to get eather a blue or a green lede5W but I dont think I want thoes 2 colors as green would be way to QGJ like and I dont want people going hey its QGJ inspired cause its green and its got a QGJ bladeholder.
    Blue would be great but I dont know if it would fit with the design well,
    So I will jsut use what I have till I can decide what I want to use.

Thats all for now.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I really like this design, The BH18 and the fluted sections look very nice.

I would keep the overlay smooth and flowing with lots of curves- no sharp points or anything like that.

I vote on the orange LED. I think it would contrast nicely with the black PC.

Also, have you thought of a name yet??? A saber like this deserves a GOOD name.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

I dont really dig the name thing, in the jedi code naming something would mean a posesition, Or somethign to that effect.

Well my BH came in and hopefully soon I can start getting the last little bits and bobs I need to start mock up.

Still need to work on a shroud design........

-----------------------

I am thinking this looks to QGJ ish.

Last edited by Hasid Lafre; 09-18-2009 at 11:09 AM.

Ok well I did some careful look see and I am now out of cash but I kinda see what I want to do to it. I think I am going to just do a switch plate cause that will be the simplest way of doing it.

Now I have to go and save up again cause I traded my cf for my brothers other 360 and spent my cash on a new HDD and live bundle.

So it will be a while till I can get back on track with this.